breakdown cover

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
been with AA for years but pricing going up and up even when i beat them up for a discount?

and recommendations?
go compare says

AXA
Green flag

What does your insurance company offer?
I was with Aviva for a few years and used theirs , which was RAC and a lot cheaper than RAC but the insurance costs got silly so I switched to LV and took theirs which is Brittania but I have not has cause to use them yet ( hopefully I won't)

i just checked and hastings Premier has basic cover which i think is just up to 15 miles of home address
it looks like i can upgrade that though which might be a better bet than a seperate policy
main reason for having AA was for our motorbike cover but me and wife are selling them so we can downsize

Green flag cut mine in half. Literally. ( RAC) £80 this year for "everything" that's up a tenner on last year.
Thankfully I've not needed a call out, so I don't know how they perform.
Come to that I've not had a call out in years ( touch wood ;) )
So for insurance sake £80 is better than £160 odd.

well I called AA and they wanted absolute lowest £179 which although covers everything i decided was to high so i binned them off.
doesnt expire till end Nov so i will talk to Hastings my insurer and se how much to top up there basic cover and take it from there.

Green flag cut mine in half. Literally. ( RAC) £80 this year for "everything" that's up a tenner on last year.
Thankfully I've not needed a call out, so I don't know how they perform.
Come to that I've not had a call out in years ( touch wood ;) )
So for insurance sake £80 is better than £160 odd.

yeah green flag looks competative

I've had Green Flag for years and have had cause to call them out once.
Quick and efficient local contractor who got me going again at the roadside.
They don't (in my experience) seem to jack the price massively every year.

Your bank might have cover, depending on your account. I've got cover with mine, but also additional cover which came with my car's warranty. Sometimes even the car insurance comes with it, in fact I think mine does. So that's three places covering me. It is a Jaguar though, maybe I should get a fourth :rolleyes:

Another vote for Greenflag, have been with them for ages and if they do put the price up they will help you find an excuse to discount it if you phone. I have had to use it a few times as well and it has always been good service because they use local companies who get to you fairly quickly. I guess going with your insurance company is OK if the renewal dates coincide

well I called AA and they wanted absolute lowest £179 which although covers everything i decided was to high so i binned them off.
I get a years full AA cover free when I get the car serviced at the dealership. Service only costs £169. :)

Have a look at auto aid

I went with the RAC - £125 cover in any car of any age.

Greenflag are generally cheaper I think but to cover the two cars through them is £135 for me.

Back