Brecan

Edit My Images
Yes
I took this a while ago, I like the shot but I think I may go back to take it again as I feel there are a few things wrong with it. I think I would leave the tree out from the right hand side, and I would probably use a tripod as this was handheld.

Tell me what you guys think

Brecanbeacons.jpg

Alright chap :)

Firstly, I think the saturation is a "tad" to high :D, and also the colour temperature looks a little odd... Have you altered this? (If not ignor this, its prob my monitor :))

Also you have taken a landscape shot in portrait... which can indeed sometimes work. However here, I feel there is too much of not much if you catch my drift? As a result I feel taking the same scene in landscape will help a lot. This will reduce the amount of grass, and then if you compose so that the horizon is on the bottom third line, you can still keep the nice sky. Regarding the tree, I think it might be a good idea to take one shot with the tree in and one without and see which you prefere. Personally I think more of the tree would be a good idea, this way you have more in foreground to add interest, and it gives the shot some depth as well. Try also to look for some lead in lines as well as these help carry the eye into the shot and from there it can explore the rest of the image.

Deffo use a tripod next time, that way you can afford to use a small aperture and as such make use of a much larger depth of field (suggest focusing at something close in the image and stopping the lens down to bring the background in focus). If you can, I'd also suggest the use of a 1 or 2 stop ND Grad as well, because at the moment the sky is a little blown out and looses the nice details that will also add alot to the shot.

Hope that helps mate! :)

Ah, that is nearly the same as the photo what i took. Which was with hand held so i am thinking of going back and doing it with my tripod now i have got one :)

Tony

Alright chap :)

Firstly, I think the saturation is a "tad" to high :D, and also the colour temperature looks a little odd... Have you altered this? (If not ignor this, its prob my monitor :))

Also you have taken a landscape shot in portrait... which can indeed sometimes work. However here, I feel there is too much of not much if you catch my drift? As a result I feel taking the same scene in landscape will help a lot. This will reduce the amount of grass, and then if you compose so that the horizon is on the bottom third line, you can still keep the nice sky. Regarding the tree, I think it might be a good idea to take one shot with the tree in and one without and see which you prefere. Personally I think more of the tree would be a good idea, this way you have more in foreground to add interest, and it gives the shot some depth as well. Try also to look for some lead in lines as well as these help carry the eye into the shot and from there it can explore the rest of the image.

Deffo use a tripod next time, that way you can afford to use a small aperture and as such make use of a much larger depth of field (suggest focusing at something close in the image and stopping the lens down to bring the background in focus). If you can, I'd also suggest the use of a 1 or 2 stop ND Grad as well, because at the moment the sky is a little blown out and looses the nice details that will also add alot to the shot.

Hope that helps mate! :)

thanks very much for the advice its really nice when someone is constructive and the points you made are going to be put into practise on my next outing

thanks again and a big thumbs up to you(y)

Back