Brecon Beacons Meet

Name
Guy Boden
Edit My Images
Yes
A great day out!

Was a tiring start to the walk. 45 min scramble up the most redic slope! Everyone was red-faced and wide-eyed and wondering if everyone else was a knackered as they were after only 15 mins! After that was out of the way it was a stroll in the park :LOL:

The first three I've done. Light was a bit flat so I've had a bit of a play with them.

2223836064_de2d5ffaa4_o.jpg

2223836228_89faf5fed6_o.jpg

2223042725_c88d749860_o.jpg

The group shot ontop of Pen y Fan, the highest mountain in the Brecon Beacons. It was very misty and we were in the clouds so excuse the poor quality. From left to right: Chewuyk, tooManySarahs, markp, spencer, taxi, Mohain, fraggle101.

About 20 seconds later I was sans hat. It blew off over the side :crying: :crying:

More to follow when I've done them. Feel free to post more in here, or start your own post ... :)

Not the motley crew I thought you lot were :LOL: looks like you all had a good meet in a beautiful place.

Motley Crew indeed. Nice efforts Guy considering the poor light we had. Looks like we missed a great sunset as well, just too deep in the valley to see it.. We could go the other way next time ;)

Think I'll be up again in a few weeks, probably trying to walk off a 6 Natiosn Rugby Hangover!

It was a brilliant red sunset, I could see it in my rear view mirror!:(

I may have to join you, no hard feelings when England win though!:LOL::LOL:

Spence

Nice ones spence and chewy (y)

I've got one like that chewy :)
2223962295_f81411de27_o.jpg

Some of the 'Motley Crew' at work: taxi, fraggle101 and I'm not too sure who the other two are ;)
2223962497_f14874a554_o.jpg

A lazy shot when we stopped for Tea and Cake before hitting the big one ;)
2223962819_223cca969c_o.jpg

Some very nice shots, but no.2 is the best of the bunch so far, the B&W lends itself to that shot nicely. :)

There are some great shot guys.. Mohain, the tea saved my bacon i think!! leaving my water in the car was the stupidest thing iv done in ages!! lol.. i DID put it in my pack but it fell out when i picked it up.. doh!! i cant wait to get home and check out my pics properly.. my laptop isnt the best to view on.. and my filter holder has got in the way much more than i expected.. Full Frame with a 17mm lens and the cokin P system isnt ideal.. Oh well, guess i'll have to drag my sorry butt back up that hill!!! :shake:

Not terribly happy with my shots from the day, however here's the best of a bad bunch:

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5942-Edit.jpg

On the last image, it looks really noisy - even after a run through NoiseNinja. I shot it at ISO100, but keep on getting this problem on shots that are a little dark. Is it Lightroom doing it when importing, or is something up with my camera?

Good to see some more shots. 2 and 3 are great Mark :) Re: the noise problem. How are your exposures? If somewhat underexposed you can still get noise in the shadow areas even at 100iso.

I'll up the hi-res of the group shot somewhere for those who want it. Should be able to get on to it tonight.

looks like a grand day out
wish I could have been there!

Well done for getting out in the windy weather, shame I missed this one. Had a similar experience on Moel Siabod last month but with bit more blue sky. Could't get anywhere near the top as it was too risky with the breeze.

Sorry Taxi I missed these. Cool shots in difficult conditions. I particularly like the 1st one :) B&W has been my saving grace ;)

Here's about the last of my shots (got some Holga ones I need to process still).

This was taken the next day, on my way home.

These are very nice Mo.. and to think you were having trouble with your camera too!!

What have you done to the tree shot?? the processing looks great..

Cheers Fraggle. The tree shot is just a subtle HDR, in a 50% blend with a 'normal' shot of it, plus mono conversion. For some reason it looks a bit 'soft focus' doesn't it? No idea why!

Not sure its soft tbh.. looking at the cliffs on the left of the pic its as though its a sterio picture.. like theres two of em but not blurred.. very odd and surreal..

Its nice Guy... The tree has a sparkly look to it.. (y)

You'll have to pop round and show me how to process!! lol.. I SUK!!!! :shrug:

Im not sure we'll be able to time it WITH snow!! maybe just before or just after!! lol.. im hoping to be going to the Lakes this week and then to Scotland.. we'll see..

Any idea when you're likley to be arranging this for??

Looks like a lovely place, some great photographs. My favourites are the first 2.

Back