Wales Brecon Beacons - Site Suggestions

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Heading to the Brecon Beacons next weekend for a couple of nights. Any suggestions on good photographic locations? I know their are several spots in the national park such an Pen Y Fan.

Just trying to get a plan together so would be great to hear any suggestions.

Thanks,

I went there about two weeks ago (but as a camping trip, not a photo trip) and visited the Sgwd Gwladus waterfall at Pontneddfechan which was great.

I plan to go back again in 3 weeks (but as a photo trip this time :D ) so am watching this thread with interest :)

I went there about two weeks ago (but as a camping trip, not a photo trip) and visited the Sgwd Gwladus waterfall at Pontneddfechan which was great.

I plan to go back again in 3 weeks (but as a photo trip this time :D ) so am watching this thread with interest :)
Check out Sgwd Einion Gam, it's a bit of a faff to reach but it's worth getting your feet wet

Wow thanks, I've just Googled that and it looks amazing. Will definitely have to go there! Sounds like a bit of an expedition mind!
It's not actually a long walk, just a pain as you have to cross the river a few times, I'd suggest taking someone with you as theres not much phone signal and slippery stones in the river, if you hurt yourself your kippered if your alone, not many people go to it so it could be a while before your found otherwise. I waterproof my kit in case I get a soaking on the way, haven't been for a while now but it's worth the walk. It's a no-go if the waters high.

tn_IMG_0323_tonemapped.jpg

It's not actually a long walk, just a pain as you have to cross the river a few times, I'd suggest taking someone with you as theres not much phone signal and slippery stones in the river, if you hurt yourself your kippered if your alone, not many people go to it so it could be a while before your found otherwise. I waterproof my kit in case I get a soaking on the way, haven't been for a while now but it's worth the walk. It's a no-go if the waters high.

I've just been reading about it and it does sound quite treacherous. How deep is the water when you cross usually? If it's knee height or something then I'll be tempted, but if not then I'll just go to Sgwd Gwladus and then turn back and go to the pub in Pontneddfechan a mixed grill like last time :D

The few times I've been up it's been about a foot deep at the deepest, mostly ankle deep, as I say don't risk it if the rivers running high, if you get washed down your going to go over Sgwd Gwladus and thats going to be a bad day out. A stick or monopod helps to steady you on the slippy stones. It's not really that dodgy, just use your common sense, mostly you go up along the banks but you have to cross a back and fro a few times to banks you can get up onto. I'm getting on and I did it a few years back.

Going down to the Brecon tomorrow to scope some shots for autumn looking forward to the 5 hour waterfall walk :)

Back