Brecon Beacons, Wales

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I've been exploring Brecon Beacons for past four weekends dying to make some worthy landscape pictures. One thing for sure that place is worth going to, it's beautiful there.

However with little experience I've been snapping pictures of different composition and in different weather conditions, results warried a lot. I took around 900 landscape pictures in RAW within 1 month, I picked a few the ones I liked the most and would love to hear the goods and the bads, criticism, suggestions to my work.

Breacon Beacons, Wales by Rudlin, on Flickr

Breacon Beacons, Wales by Rudlin, on Flickr

Brecon Beacons, Wales by Rudlin, on Flickr

All pictures were taken in RAW, should anyone want to PP it him/herself I'll upload it again.

Thanks

You've made a big effort there. Rudlin and I like 2, 3, 4, and 5, although I wonder if 2 could do with a wee bit of a straighten, even though I'm sure the landscape slopes down to the left.

Good foreground interest in 3 and 4 with the streams leading into the picture, but I have to ask, where is the picture?

I wondered if 3 would have benefited from a viewpoint slightly to the right, perhaps to open out the distant scene a little.

#5 might have benefited from a bit of exposure blending of 2 images at different exposures to lighten up the foreground a bit but I think what you have has potential.

#6 doesn't work for me I'm afraid! The high conifers on the rhs unbalance the picture; however, there is good sharpness throughout as there seems to be with all 6 images, although I havn't pixel peeped them!

Definitely keep trying and building on what you have and there willo be some winners soon!

Ernie

Thanks for the reply, bud.

You are very right about one thing. Probably I am more interested in technical aspect of my picture for it look crisp and colourful with my new camera, rather than actually composing a pleasant picture to look at. Didn't realize it before now.

Back