brecon reservoirs

Edit My Images
Yes
went out for a day trip with a few photographer mates. we saw the weather and were a little worried but the clouds turned out to be interesting in their own right. the colours were always going to be awful so i put on my back and white hat and looked for lines and textures and stormy skies.

i got to try out my new ND grads too, so another learning curve!

hoodi, a new member on here was at hand to teach me the finer points in IR photography for the first time. lens choice was limited to the fisheye for me as that was the only one with a rear filter holder. i was quite pleased with some of the results tho...

IR and my favorite of the day- 10.5 fish 13 secs f5.6 i think
DSC_1802.jpg

10-20 at 12mm, ND grad
breacon1.jpg

IR again de-fished in capture NX
DSC_1818.jpg

a little of the days colour
DSC_1872rawshooter-01.jpg

i managed to achieve one straight horizon with the 10.5 fish
DSC_1918rawshooter-01editsm.jpg

taken with the fish and de-fished in capture NX
DSC_1919skew.jpg

a little pano of a mate mike, hope it's not too wide for a pano as it's very thin.
breaconpanowebbw.jpg

thanks for looking, i had fun with the grads and IR stuff, look forward to more of it. :)

Some stunning shots there Noah, especially the first two. They all work extremely well in mono, and having seen the one colour shot, I think you made the right decision to work with mono as they are certainly more dramatic.

Nice shots Noah. (y)

I like the 1st one especially. I would'nt normally think of using a fisheye for this type of landscape shot (if I had one :crying: ), but it works really well in that 1st pic. I think the rocks and reeds in the foreground and right of pic are wonderfull and it works great in mono :clap:

excellent shots there, love the pano too, glad I panned round to see the photographer on the right hand side....all the shots have superb detail.

#2 and your Pano work best for me. Very good PP there. Not sure about the Fishy ones though...

Great stuff - #1 is my favourite ~ I just love the tones, textures & those reeds!

How did you find the 460MG for the pano? :D

thanks all.

fair enough with the fishy ones, it seems to be a love it/hate it thing :)

the 460 was perfect mate, real good job, may just have to invest sometime ;)

Of course, ideal would be your ball head and a panning head. But as you need to screw them in, you'd ideally need a second centre column, too :/

a ball head with a panning base would be nice, there must be one out there somewhere...

noah, the first photograph here is beautiful. You said you were looking for lines and textures; well, you sure found them. Great tonal range and a composition that works. Great image!

edit: I forgot to mention that I lik ethe movement in some of the grass in the middle of the frame. The blurred movement right next to the sharp, still grass adds to the atmosphere.

-monkey

last one for me, love that

Back