brentor blah

Edit My Images
Yes
since silhouettes are trendy today, going to inflict another on you all.

Again, not sure it works, lost my eyes I think.

brentor5.jpg

Last edited:
I like this one a lot. The sky/clouds add a lot of texture and interest. Well done!

Love the cloud in this... simply superb! Way too much black for my liking though. I'd crop so that on the RHS the black goes up 1/3 of the height.

For me personally this doesnt work. The silouette is a bit too heavy (too much ground), the horizon isnt straight and I find the sky itself a bit bland. You did well with the conversion to inject some drama, but I think you may well have been better off had you should this from furthur back or at a differnt angle to get a better silouette as well as shooting this on a say with stronger clouds.

Alex

I like this one a lot. The sky/clouds add a lot of texture and interest. Well done!

Love the cloud in this... simply superb! Way too much black for my liking though. I'd crop so that on the RHS the black goes up 1/3 of the height.

Lovely silhouette and great clouds. I would however crop from the bottom to lose some black empty space. Good work :)

Thanks guys, the crop I played with but nothing looked right, needs a revist I think.

For me personally this doesnt work. The silouette is a bit too heavy (too much ground), the horizon isnt straight and I find the sky itself a bit bland. You did well with the conversion to inject some drama, but I think you may well have been better off had you should this from furthur back or at a differnt angle to get a better silouette as well as shooting this on a say with stronger clouds.

Alex

I think you have the added advantage of knowing this place a bit too well! your pictures are making me jealous. As you suspect, more of salvage rather than a serious attempt at capturing brentor. Need to find time to get back up there and have a proper go.

brentor6.jpg

overcooked now? I do like this sky though, maybe not the composition.

Back