Bridge of Sighs oxford (today)

Edit My Images
Yes
can someone tell me why, even though i am using a polariser now, and i believe you loose 2 stops with them, why do i still seem to burn out the highlights:thinking:
oxford.jpg

Hmmm ... not sure you do Stev ... is it not more to do with the time of day and really harsh lighting you've got there ...:thinking:

Must say it is not a bad shot though ... shadows are very dark ... again harsh lighting effect rather than your technique ... imo ... :p

I don't see any burned out highlights there Steve, the shadows are a tad dark but it's only a little.

A polariser only has an effect on reflected light anyway. Nice shot!

Slight curve adjustment and sharpen Steve.:)

oxford2.jpg

nice shot steve, good colours and good symmetry.

the polariser will affect the whole image so the camera will compensate, you can still get the blown highlights if the adjusted exposure with the polariser is equivalent to the one without, you'll just get better colours :)

CT's edit cures the percieved 'problem' but to me the original is more true to life for the painfully bright summer day that it is.

I've been using a polariser lately and noticing the improvement. Its also interesting how the rotation position for best effect changes during the day.

cheers CT for that, i dont know whats seems to be happening to my photo's lately, i seem to struggle to get anything worth showing on here, maybe it will be better when the weather breaks, although i dont want bland grey skies.

Very nice shot Boon. Don't be so hard on yourself. Get them up here so we can have a gander!!

Agreed - its a good pic, I prefer the original. Very well exposed, especially considering the light conditions.

(y)

Boon said:
cheers CT for that, i dont know whats seems to be happening to my photo's lately, i seem to struggle to get anything worth showing on here,
Ditto there Steve. Never mind, its probably because you've become more self critical as you're getting more experienced.
I like the pic very much, I do prefer CT's version as it gives the overall lighting a more even feel but, had I not seen CT's version, Id still have thought yours was pretty cool!

dont be hard on yourself Chap, i think thats a great shot!

Back