Brightin Star 10mm F5.6

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Ordered this lens for my Olympus E-PL8, from AliExpress. Cost around £60 and was delivered in just 8 days
Initial impressions are very good. It’s metal, with a metal lens cap. It came very nicely packaged and the seller even supplied a free camera strap, lens brush, and cleaning cloth.
It feels premium!.
It’s the same size as the kit lens 14-40mm.
It’s sharp enough for the price point and the manual focus is smooth and works well with the camera focus peaking. There are no electronics so the camera cannot communicate but it’s fixed F5.6 so not much to go wrong.
I actually ordered this by mistake so I’m also expecting a Risespray 7.5mm F2.8.
I’ll post about that when I get it.

Attachments

• IMG_7947.jpeg
    IMG_7947.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 10
A couple of trial shots in the back garden. Manually focused using photo peaking on the screen then tweaked for perfection. My eyesight is poor though.
2 photos showing the full wide angle, with some softening in the corners as expected for a fisheye, then zoomed in on the yellow flower and the bottle to show sharpness.
Im initially impressed.
_5250007 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
_5250007-2 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
_5250006 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
_5250006-2 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

It was sunny and bright when i headed out. 10 minutes later.....
The Transporter bridge-back in its rightful place after Dennis, Neville, Oz and the lads dismantled it and exported it to Nevada.
The statue is called "Waiting for me dad" and represents the dock workers returning from work. Its by Mackenzie Thorpe.
_5250002 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
_5250012 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Back