Critique Brighton burn up

Name
colin
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all
these are a little late. I've started taking photos at bike shows which isn't easy as there's always someone else looking at what you photographing, haha :) but these are what i think are the best of the bunch, the main thing i think i struggled with is depth of field (hopefully i'm saying it right? basically blurred back ground) but not sure whether that was the settings i used or the lens? it was the the one that came with the camera from new.
Any Critique would really help.
cheers Colin

9 by TSP images, on Flickr

8 by TSP images, on Flickr

7 by TSP images, on Flickr

6 by TSP images, on Flickr

3 by TSP images, on Flickr

2 by TSP images, on Flickr

1st shot i would have hit the owner, a scooter parked an a union flag. No Respect

Ok seriously for shallow depth of field try a wide open aperture, f2.8 would work fine it may give you a very fast shutter speed in this light, but thats not a problem. hth Mike

I not sure about the tilt of the first one, I think its the way the legs are in the view makes it look odd.

The detail shots of the Triumphs are great

Ok seriously for shallow depth of field try a wide open aperture, f2.8 would work fine it may give you a very fast shutter speed in this light, but thats not a problem. hth Mike
i don't yet have a lens like that, the one i use went as low as f3.5

I not sure about the tilt of the first one, I think its the way the legs are in the view makes it look odd.

The detail shots of the Triumphs are great
thanks, yer i see what you mean, might just have to ask people to move, haha :)

Back