Brighton pier the old one... C+C welcome

Name
Daniel Giles
Edit My Images
Yes
i managed to grab this shot when we visited Brighton the other day for a few hours. Shot on my x-t1 and samyang 12mm f2

Brighton print by Daniel Giles, on Flickr

feel free to be as destructive as you need to be criticism always taken onboard!!!

Many thanks

Dan

Dan
It appears to have a bit of magenta cast to it.
Is this straight out of the camera Jpeg or is RAW and processed by you.
Did you use an ND grad filter?
There are what look like blow highlights in the sky that have recovered in a way that has left them lacking detail still.

Personally, I would have liked to see more clarity in the pebbles. Things look over saturated and muddy.

Yes, a few processing issues there to remedy. White Balance and saturation being the main issues as already mentioned. Nothing that can't be fixed with the RAW data though.

rr.jpg

thanks for the edits and comments not too sure i'm keen on the edits tbh but all points are taken on board. thanks guys

Still too blue for me I'm afraid. There are even blue pebbles!
It's not a realistic representation of the scene in front of you. It's drifting towards art rather than a recorded scene, and that's absolutely fine if that's what you like, but it's impossible to critique.

i do prefer a more artistic look i will agree with that its my style of editing i think we clash on but hey thats cool thanks for your advice craig much appreciated

Back