Brighton Sunset..

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken 2 nights ago, no filters, just the 17-40 and 5D.. Oh, and tripod.. (y)

IMG_8382_.jpg

Ooooooh you lucky bugger you managed to get the swarming starlings..

Very nice indeed mate... very nicely captured.

Cheers

Nigel

Thats really nice. Would look good on canvas.

Thats very kind of you.. I might just try it! iv been meaning to print some of my stuff.. insyead of just leaving it on the hard drive!!

Ooooooh you lucky bugger you managed to get the swarming starlings..

Very nice indeed mate... very nicely captured.

Cheers

Nigel

I got a few with the birds!! (Thinks of Alfred Hitchcock!!) so im sure you got some too!!

I think im going to look at this one again and see if i can lighten thesea a little to show the guy on the shore a little better..

Thanks again.. :)

That's a great shot (y)

Would love to see it with a very long exposure; just out of curiosity, I would like to see what the skeleton would be with "mily" water.

Again, a fantastic shot .. love the colours .. just right.

That's a great shot (y)

Would love to see it with a very long exposure; just out of curiosity, I would like to see what the skeleton would be with "mily" water.

Again, a fantastic shot .. love the colours .. just right.

The sea wasnt very rough so im not too sure just how misty it would go! it did cross my mind though, but i dont have the circ ND filters to do it justice! there was still a fair bit of light about..

this is epic!! by far one of the best photos on the old pier ive seen!

love it so much!

WOW.. high praise indeed!! i thought it was nice.. not too sure its EPIC though!! lol.. but photography is subjective though.. (y)

Thank you ...

Nice one Tony - gorgeous sky tones here.

Take the praise mate it is a great shot... just been reviewing mine and where I was using slower shutter speeds and trying to mist the water, I have not got a shot like that with the flocking starlings...

Its a cracker mate and should be on the wall by now...

Nigel

Nice one Tony - gorgeous sky tones here.

Thanks Tom, if it weren't for this lovely 5D!!! ;)

Take the praise mate it is a great shot... just been reviewing mine and where I was using slower shutter speeds and trying to mist the water, I have not got a shot like that with the flocking starlings...

Its a cracker mate and should be on the wall by now...

Nigel

Ta mate.. im thinking about getting in touch with Lee about having it printed.. we'll see.. it'll be my first!! lol..

Stunning, the central position of the structure is so well balanced by the lone figure on the beach - print it large and sell it!! Stupendous!!!

By all accounts, it's a fantastic shot, sorry if my earlier comments seemed to not reflect how wonderful it is.

One word, Brilliant.

I feel a bit out on a limb here given the previous comments but I don't like it much. the person is in just the right place to make a shot like this but I don't go for the rest of the composition or the dark exposure.

Stunning, the central position of the structure is so well balanced by the lone figure on the beach - print it large and sell it!! Stupendous!!!

Make me an offer then!! :LOL:

Thanks John.. im going to revisit the RAW and make some adjustments and see what it looks like, then i may get it printed..(y)

very nicely done!, its a place i been meaning to get round to going, looks like its worth the trip

Its worth it mate.. but it was a long day!! lol.. Thanks for the comments..

By all accounts, it's a fantastic shot, sorry if my earlier comments seemed to not reflect how wonderful it is.

:thinking: not sure what you mean.. all comments are welcome!! and appreciated!! (y)

One word, Brilliant.

Thank you..

I feel a bit out on a limb here given the previous comments but I don't like it much. the person is in just the right place to make a shot like this but I don't go for the rest of the composition or the dark exposure.

Thanks Robert.. iv been thinking of re-doing it so that its a little brighter.. if i lift the sea a little the chap on the beach should be more prominent too..

Thanks you everyone.. im pleased so many of you like it.. it give a boost when needed.. ;)

I do quite like this shot and it's a great sky behind the pier structure. I think if it were mine I'd have chosena slightly different composition with the pier just a bit off centre and more sky above but otherwise it's very nice. I like the colour of the sky and silohuetted person in the foreground. Out of interest did you crop the sky to make this pano format? I'd like to see one with a bit more space above the pier.

i have a few different images of this taken at the time, this one is cropped a little to fit the pano format.. i didnt think of a pano at the time!!

O preferred the central look to this image, i did look at an of centre crop but returned to this one..

Thanks for the comment..

Back