Brighton, UK

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I spent a week in Brighton with my other half a couple of weeks ago and took a few shots.

Critique welcome.

1) Stand Strong

9726912230_7de1ea6926_b.jpg

2) The Pier

9726912354_3829dc9fbe_b.jpg

3) Deck Chairs

9726912506_396062ddbc_b.jpg

4) Where'd everyone go???

9726912848_785e8f9028_b.jpg

5) The Pavillion

9726913074_ece0b6c549_b.jpg

6) The Windmill

9726913258_cf7bef70fb_b.jpg

Cheers for looking

All comments welcome

OK, my views as they come to me - not in picture order:
3: deckchairs - framing is off on the bottom left. I can understand what you were trying to achieve - but you should've moved the deckchair for the shot

1: Stand Strong - not sure i understand the aim of the pic except to test your close up focus point and bokeh. The same could be said of pic 6: The Windmill, which is ot even the focus point of the shot?

2: The Pier - did you mean Pier, or Ferris Wheel? Nice to see it in a mono process as opposed to the usual colour variety or night shot. Love the blank space in the sky, but found the water bottom right a distraction. Good to see people on the beach though.

5: The Pavillion - taking a picture of this building is always going to be a difficult one, i'm still looking for an angle that hasn't been captured to perfection. I'm like you, have some pics of it, but nothing that will appear on the front of a magazine cover.

4: Where'd every one go? Love this shot, sums up Brighton sea front a treat - i'm guessing the chick hasn't mastered scavenging yet, or did you use a long lens? Either way, nice shot.

As said, those are my views and may differ from yours. Photography is such a personal thing - might get may take on the Ferris Wheel at some point, before or after the i360 construction actually takes place.

Back