Brimham Rocks.

Name
Mike Jones
Edit My Images
No
While we were in the Dales over the weekend we visited Brimham Rocks , it's a fascinating place with it's fantastic rock formations.

brinhamrocksyq0.jpg

brinhamrocks2gw5.jpg

brinhamrocks4xl7.jpg

brinhamrocks5bw2rw0.jpg

brinhamrocks5bwni3.jpg

Mike

Brimham Rocks , it's a fascinating place with it's fantastic rock formations.

Looking at your shots Im inclined to agree (y)

Some really good landscapes there, especially like the second shot, its got great exposure and I like the large DoF that you have achieved, the shot really shows the scale of these formations, while the expsoure has captured all of the lush colours of the scene.

Thanks for sharing :clap:

Good shots. How on earth did you manage to get shots at Brimham on a bank holiday weekend with no people in them!!!???

the mono's work really well, overall though a great set

great stuff mike, glad to see you posting again, love em all mate, will have to look for this place, been to yorkshire twice already this year.

Good shots. How on earth did you manage to get shots at Brimham on a bank holiday weekend with no people in them!!!???

We got there early :) Seriously, we were there about 10am on the Sunday and it was very quiet then.

great stuff mike, glad to see you posting again, love em all mate, will have to look for this place, been to yorkshire twice already this year.

Thanks Steve, look out for Brimham when you go to Yorshire again, it's not far from Pately Bridge...try and get to see Fountains Abbey too, it's another fascinating place.

Thanks for the comments (y)

Mike

Lovely shots, Mike. I love those BIG rocks! (y)

Lovely shots Mike,

Its been years since I went to Brimham Rocks, possibly even before my teenage years, thats a long time ago :eek:

Going to have to go up there, the lensbaby could do quite well there too I reckon.

I've been to Fountains Abbey. Took a ride up there last year (all on my own *sniff* ;'( )

I've never been to this Brimham Rocks place though, looks ideal (y)

Errr, isn't that at Chester Zoo in about 4 weeks! :bonk: lol

I meant after that one ;)

I'd best watch out, I'll be turning into the official TP event organiser soon :eek:

Don't forget there may be another Donna Nook visit soon :)

I dont' live to horribly far from here. Anotherone to go to (which I can see from my door) is Almscliff Cragg which is quite high up but has both an easy and a really not easy way to climb up it. The views are spectacular! I haven't been to Brimham since I got my camera so you've given me great ideas. As for Fountains Abbey I'm going next week so maybe I'll do an expose...

Renee

Back