Brimstone on Dandelions before the destruction

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
One from the green in front of our house from a couple of months ago. I didn't process it at the time, but the recent mindless actions of our local council and their subcontractors in destroying what could be a fantastic habitat for wildlife brought it back to mind. The green was scalped today and the edges covered in weedkiller. :(

Brimstone Butterfly nectaring on Dandelion by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

I feel your pain , they seem to do stuff all at the wrong time of year . Found these absolute blighters , never seem to land on the few occasions I do see them . You got a nice angle on it too .

Excellent shot, think a tighter crop or reducing the luminance on dandelions in the background would help (y)

I feel your pain , they seem to do stuff all at the wrong time of year . Found these absolute blighters , never seem to land on the few occasions I do see them . You got a nice angle on it too .

It is infuriating, really don't see how dead grass scalped to within an inch of the dry earth is better than a field of Dandelions. Thanks, I've not had much success with these either apart from this one which seemed to tolerate my presence as it moved from flower to flower :)

Excellent shot, think a tighter crop or reducing the luminance on dandelions in the background would help (y)

Thanks Bryn, I spent ages trying to find a crop I liked for this one and settled on this which I'm pretty happy with... I see your point about the luminance of the OOF background though - I'll take a look, cheers :)

Back