No
077.jpg

067.jpg

045.jpg

043.jpg

029.jpg

hi,

these are of a very poor quality and there are a few reasons for that:

compositionally you seem to be taking them all from above - try to get on the same level as the girls eyes.

There are some very serious focus issues leading to them be very soft. I don;t think any of them are in focus actually.

your shutter speed is way too low, on the first one it is at 1/5. Thats far too slow and is resulting in a lot of camera shake.

also the processing on them is terrible, especially the yellow one - any reason you made this yellow?

You need to work on the composition, focus more accurately and make sure your shutter is much higher at least 1/60 and preferably even higher

now get back out and have another crack (y)

hi,

these are of a very poor quality and there are a few reasons for that:

compositionally you seem to be taking them all from above - try to get on the same level as the girls eyes.

There are some very serious focus issues leading to them be very soft. I don;t think any of them are in focus actually.

your shutter speed is way too low, on the first one it is at 1/5. Thats far too slow and is resulting in a lot of camera shake.

also the processing on them is terrible, especially the yellow one - any reason you made this yellow?

You need to work on the composition, focus more accurately and make sure your shutter is much higher at least 1/60 and preferably even higher

now get back out and have another crack (y)

Ok tough comments but understandable , i actually have the worst camera e like a normal £90 one I know that isnt an excuse either. Im just experimenting at the moment using different effects and seeing what works for me. I dont have a great deal of knowledge on the subject and still learning what all the terminology is, will have another go.

Hey as i have said in other posts, check your lighting, shoot from either eye level or below, aim to focus on the eyes of the little girl, I would aim for using around F8 1/60-1/100 iso as low as you can get away with using, i try and go for 100-200, as this will help reduce the noise

Hey as i have said in other posts, check your lighting, shoot from either eye level or below, aim to focus on the eyes of the little girl, I would aim for using around F8 1/60-1/100 iso as low as you can get away with using, i try and go for 100-200, as this will help reduce the noise

Thanks for your advice is noted :D

I have to agree with Joe. I also have to applaud your reponse to his comments, far too many people tend to use the pram emergency exit for their bears when told the truth.

I look forward to seeing the next set of images. :)

OK which camera do you have?

Will have too check (doesnt sound good when i dont know the name :( )

Its that bad you cant change the lens of it anyway.

Im trying to save up so i can get the best for when im at uni

I have to agree with Joe. I also have to applaud your reponse to his comments, far too many people tend to use the pram emergency exit for their bears when told the truth.

I look forward to seeing the next set of images. :)

I dont mind any comments aslong as know one is rude to me :D
Everyones opinions count as I know im not the best at taken photos but would like to improve :D

There are plenty of us on here that will be able to give you some good advice when it comes to deciding what to buy, is it a small compact or a bridge style camera a bridge sorta looks like a dslr but with a fixed lens!

I started exactly where you are Nikki and I think the best way is to learn to get the composition right with a point and shoot first. Then all the technical side of aperture and shutter speed etc attached to a DSLR can come later.

In my opinion all these have almost an erie feeling about them. Very in keeping to today. Maybe you want to expand on that and try different angles and lighting.

There are plenty of us on here that will be able to give you some good advice when it comes to deciding what to buy, is it a small compact or a bridge style camera a bridge sorta looks like a dslr but with a fixed lens!

Cheers :D
and i would say from that a dslr

I started exactly where you are Nikki and I think the best way is to learn to get the composition right with a point and shoot first. Then all the technical side of aperture and shutter speed etc attached to a DSLR can come later.

In my opinion all these have almost an erie feeling about them. Very in keeping to today. Maybe you want to expand on that and try different angles and lighting.

Agreed These were taken a year ago and i think i was going for an erie look I have some new shots that i hope to upload later today :D

I dont mind any comments aslong as know one is rude to me :D
Everyones opinions count as I know im not the best at taken photos but would like to improve :D

I agree you took those comments well, remember its a valuable thing when someone speaks the truth, its hard to tell someone things like that and most people take the easy road and dont comment at all which doesn't help you in the slightest.

I agree you took those comments well, remember its a valuable thing when someone speaks the truth, its hard to tell someone things like that and most people take the easy road and dont comment at all which doesn't help you in the slightest.

Yes I rather i was told the truth so I could improve instead of just thinking that my photos were perfect because I sure know they are not :D opinions from other people are all part of learning and improving

Well, Im a bit confused.

I think you have actually achieved your goal as they are really quite eerie, and to be frank I hate them (but in a nice way). I thought the lack of focus and odd composition was all in good keeping with your self set brief. To me I think you have met your objective.

I think if you posted these in the 'artistic' section, you would have got a very positive response. Good work !

I like these as said very eerie and quite "Most Haunted" feel to them.:eek:

Having watched Paranormal Activity 3 at the weekend I find these really scary!!

[Runs to lock doors and grab duvet]

images are evocative of 1970s. #3 and #4 might even pass for authentic images from that time. The clothes contribute to that feel. Are some people missing a trick here? is this what you were trying to achieve...?

images are evocative of 1970s. #3 and #4 might even pass for authentic images from that time. The clothes contribute to that feel. Are some people missing a trick here? is this what you were trying to achieve...?

yes!:) and thankyou very much :D

Hi Nicole, i won't comment on the pics as lots of good advice has been given above, but if your just starting out and seen as your in Leeds why don't you keep an eye on Exposure Leeds, it's a great place to meet other togs, and get help and advice on meetuos etc, no one cares what kit you have. See link below.

http://exposureleeds.org/

Ok thanks :D

Well, Im a bit confused.

I think you have actually achieved your goal as they are really quite eerie, and to be frank I hate them (but in a nice way). I thought the lack of focus and odd composition was all in good keeping with your self set brief. To me I think you have met your objective.

I think if you posted these in the 'artistic' section, you would have got a very positive response. Good work !

Thankyou :) the aim was for them not be prefect to get the affect of what i was after:D

Back