Bristol Cameras

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
I've order some new kit from Bristol Cameras on Boxing day. I received a e-mail from them telling me they where inundated with orders and mine would be dealt with shortly.

That was on Monday and I've heard nothing since. I now there would be a deal due to the time of year, but if you state theres going to be a delay on Monday, you don't keep your customers hanging about and keep the informed.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Dont want to put a downer on it, but looked at ordering from them before, when I placed the order was told out of stock but would be in by Date given, that date came and went, no stock, kept ringing to be told will be soon, never did so canceled, if I was you I would call and see if the item is in stock.

Dont want to put a downer on it, but looked at ordering from them before, when I placed the order was told out of stock but would be in by Date given, that date came and went, no stock, kept ringing to be told will be soon, never did so canceled, if I was you I would call and see if the item is in stock.

I had exactly this experience with them about ten months ago.

Something similar happened to me. Ordered the item and then nearly a week later I got an email to say it was out of stock. I had to chase them for updates and they weren't sure when they'd be getting anymore.

They offered to leave it on order but as they couldn't give me a date I chose to cancel.

Thanks all for your replies. I'll give them a ring in the morning, although having read your posts, I'm not being to hopeful I'll have good news.

This is very negative feed back from all you.This does not look to good for them

personaly ive never had a problem with them. and with my last order before xmas i got a free £20 voucher.

I have purchased from them many times and never had any problems. they are great to deal with over the 'phone too and im sure you can wangle some discount(i normally do :LOL:)

To be fair to them, it is a nightmare this time of year! suppliers are closed for the christmas period, staff are on holiday, couriers are even worse than normal and everyone is either bored at home surfing the net or has just had some money for christmas and buying themselves things with the money.

its silly season, dont think bad of them for being under staffed, under stocked and over worked :nuts:

I ordered from them day before christmas eve and parcel arrived day after boxing day. Great service. I found them very helpful on the phone too. Maybe just give them a call and im sure they will sort things out for you.

also there only a small ish shop, there not like jessops and other massive stores that are nationwide i think they only have the one store, just be patient with them and im sure all will be fine.

i ordered and had the same email, still nothing here

How well I know this feeling :(

I have purchased from them many times and never had any problems. they are great to deal with over the 'phone too and im sure you can wangle some discount(i normally do :LOL:)

To be fair to them, it is a nightmare this time of year! suppliers are closed for the christmas period, staff are on holiday, couriers are even worse than normal and everyone is either bored at home surfing the net or has just had some money for christmas and buying themselves things with the money.

its silly season, dont think bad of them for being under staffed, under stocked and over worked :nuts:

I fully understand what you are saying Alex. Its just they sent me one email and you could expect a delay of a day, but to keep you hanging all is taking the mic.

I ordered from them day before christmas eve and parcel arrived day after boxing day. Great service. I found them very helpful on the phone too. Maybe just give them a call and im sure they will sort things out for you.

Just waiting for tomorrow.

also there only a small ish shop, there not like jessops and other massive stores that are nationwide i think they only have the one store, just be patient with them and im sure all will be fine.

Thanks for the info.

I've just phoned them and the iorder has not been dispatched. They're entire dispatch team was off ill last week, was the excuse I was given. From what was said on the phone, I came to the conclusion that they're team consisted of 1 person. :shrug:

Anyway delivery is boxed and waiting to be shuipped, should be delivered no later the Tuesday 6th. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I'll keep you updated.

Gerald

I received same email on a quick release head for my monopod, I will leave it till the 6th and if not dispatched probably give them a quick call too! I can't believe it is 1 person though as it is a shop on Bristol High Street?????

Ive been in there...and there was just a small counter about 6 feet long with one man behind it!

I can't believe it is 1 person though as it is a shop on Bristol High Street?????

It just the way they were talking. Everythink was in the singular not the prural and the impression i got was that the book log was being worked through. Give them a ring just to prompt them (y)

Ive been in there...and there was just a small counter about 6 feet long with one man behind it!

Doesn't suprise me. How did you find thier in store service?

well good luck for the 6th

otherwise i found jacobsdigital good

my order is still saying downloaded

will i ever see it lol

bets taken on which order i get first, my back order from Jessops or this one :LOL:

I received part of my order today, after a failed delivery on Saturday. I had to collect from the post office, no hardship there, as that is what I normally do with all deliveries, do to the fact that I work 9 to 5.

Anyway the speedlite 430ex mk II turned up today :) Still waiting for the sigma lens. There was a note in the box stating, rather vaguely, that it would follow in one to 2 weeks :(.

I'm not to happy with their service, I accept that I ordered offer xmas, but everything seems a little vague from them, emails saying downloaded? Having to chase for delivery and on the phone they said that all items where ready for shipping, yet I only get half the order :(

I think I'm going to phone them tomorrow and cancel the order for the lens. The lens was just for the extra speed, being f2.8 over the f4 I have in that range, which is not critical to me at the moment. So I'll put the money back into my savings account and spend it somewhere where the service is a little more reliable in the future.

Now the toys are out of the pram, I'll sign off

Gerald

Last edited:
Got an email yesterday to say my Boxing day order is on its way so will wait and see if it arrives this week, not impressed with comms generally but if it turns up fine then I guess it is probably no longer than most companies during the Xmas/NY break?

Edit: Arrived this morning so can't fault them on the dispatch to delivery front!!!

Last edited:
I had an email yesterday after ringing them to chase up my order

Its now on route and was being sent recored. should be here today or tomorrow

EDIT - True to there word yesterday, there is a parcel at home for me :D roll on home time

Last edited:
I received same email on a quick release head for my monopod, I will leave it till the 6th and if not dispatched probably give them a quick call too! I can't believe it is 1 person though as it is a shop on Bristol High Street?????

Brsitol High Street is a tiny street in Bristol. Its not that big.

I have had some good dealings with them and some bad ones. I recently phoned them asking for X & Y lens, both said they were in stock on the website but like usual they were out of stock. Said they would call me when they had them back in stock (max of a week i was told) a month later i gave up with them!! I phoned a few times and got told the same each time.

Will

Back