Bristol Cameras.

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

has anyone delt with bristol cameras?

i see quite a but of there stuff is alot cheaper than ive seen elsewhere.

are they just really competitive or am i missing something?:thinking:

cheers

Hey guys,

has anyone delt with bristol cameras?

i see quite a but of there stuff is alot cheaper than ive seen elsewhere.

are they just really competitive or am i missing something?:thinking:

cheers

9/10ths of the stock is grey import, which is fair enough, but watch the warranty issues. Also, historically, they often don't have the item in stock, simply process your order and then order it. Honestly, I am not making it up. Still, you cant complain at some of the pricing in there!

I was saying this to you the other day, where some places that are a lot cheaper because they import it rather than being official stockists. Instead of providing the (invalid) Nikon warranty, they'll issue their own.

I've had a good experience - the camera arrived the next day at a very good price.

I've had a bad experience - despite being assured that the goods had been despatched, I discovered that I had been lied to and they had never left Bristol Cameras. Had they told me that they didn't have the stuff, I could have gone elsewhere (and paid a bit more) and got what I wanted - everywhere has stock problems from time to time and that is forgivable. Being lied to is NOT what I expect from a "reputable" company.

I've never actually successfully bought anything from Bristol Cameras. Everytime I rang to order (a Canon lens on three occassions) I was told they where out of stock. Don't bother anymore.

I've bought various bits of tripod/monopod stuff from them and filters etc. Usually because nobody else has had the items I needed in anything like the time frame I wanted them in.

Always been cheap, quick and no problems...

Can't say about other stuff that needs warranty support though...

I've used them twice & being let down both times...

First time lens wasn't in stock & would take 2 weeks to get..cancelled order,

In the last couple of weeks I bought a Sigma 10-20 from them but it was defective, returned it for exchange but due to "staff shortages" they were unable to deal with it for at least a week - got a refund instead, although this was processed quickly...spoke to them a few times too & it always sounded like chaos !!

simon

hi i wanted a flashgun they didnt tell me it was out of stock until the next day, but they did ring me and offered me a different make with a higher spec. same price got it next day Kevin

Back