Bristol Harbourside Festival 30/7/2006

Edit My Images
Yes
Babes, boats and bedlam at Bristol Harbourside event this year. 200,000 visitors exepected to view live music, street performers, market stalls and tall ships moored for the weekend.

11-4.jpg

21eqjrp.jpg

21eqmfs.jpg

21eqof8.jpg

12-3.jpg

21erbeu.jpg

21erc4m.jpg

6-8.jpg

some cracking stuff there Diego, the paddling feet one is my favourite i think, but as usual you capture something in all of them.

Diego Garcia said:
Babes, boats and bedlam at Bristol Harbourside event this year. 200,000 visitors exepected to view live music, street performers, market stalls, bloody footprints where somebody got stabbed and tall ships moored for the weekend.

Some really nice shots there Pete. I saw this on the news tonight and wondered if you'd gone lol. It was just a shame that the news coverage was really negative in that all they concentrated on was the violent assault from the night before.

Much as though I appreciate the dynamism that deviating from the straight and narrow gives shots, it can be a bit inducing of the old 'mal de mer' old chap.

good photos!

now THAT's a moustache :eek:

Gandhi said:
Some really nice shots there Pete. I saw this on the news tonight and wondered if you'd gone lol. It was just a shame that the news coverage was really negative in that all they concentrated on was the violent assault from the night before.

Much as though I appreciate the dynamism that deviating from the straight and narrow gives shots, it can be a bit inducing of the old 'mal de mer' old chap.

Well, I did shoot the forensic guys at work and followed the trail of blood which was fairly horrific. I whipped out the BBC i.d and asked a policewoman what happened. Apparently, a fight broke out at three am and one guy smashed a bottle and then used it as a knife stabbing two peole. There was a serious amount of blood thats for sure and not a great impression of Bristol for people visiting on a fanfare event. That said, it was definately quieter than the previous two years :thinking: The incident created a serious log jam for people on foot and they all had to walk past the police tape. Not nice.

Pictures of forensic and trails upon request only, I have been down this road before :D

Were you drunk when you took these or what?

One or two slanted pics are ok but the majority do my head in, especially as they slant in different directions. Sorry

evilowl said:
Were you drunk when you took these or what?

One or two slanted pics are ok but the majority do my head in, especially as they slant in different directions. Sorry

Fair comment but angles allow more in the shot and is something the BBC like. Each to their own though eh :)

Back