South-West England Bristol help needed.

Edit My Images
Yes
SWMBO fancies a long weekend break in and around Bristol It's 30 years or more since we were last there so have no idea where to go, what to see etc.
Obviously there's Great Britain and the dock area.
Bath will be a day out.
Wells will be another day.
What is there in Bristol?
We will get there lunchtime on day one so the docks will fill that day. Is there enough to fill another full day in the city?
I'll be taking the camera gear, but this won't be a full on photo trip, more a holiday with whatever I can snatch on the way round.
So, all you Bristol folk what can I plan?
Probably coming at end of September if that helps.

The docks in the evening too. Full of light.

Clifton village and the bridge (of course). Up Park St towards the Wills Tower/Gallery. Cathedral area. Cabot Tower. Redcliffe.

All good togging spots. I'm sure others will know of similar spots.

Thanks guys. We are now booked into The Bristol Hotel. SWMBO says it's posh, but as she's paying I'll take that.
Not sure where Borough Market is - London? - but streets & candids are not my forte.
Harbour is a must, and I'll be out at night as well.
Interestingly Booking.com have sent me a nice travel guide to the area.
We're only there for three days, but looks like there's enough to keep both the management and myself happy.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks guys. We are now booked into The Bristol Hotel. SWMBO says it's posh, but as she's paying I'll take that.
Not sure where Borough Market is - London? - but streets & candids are not my forte.
Harbour is a must, and I'll be out at night as well.
Interestingly Booking.com have sent me a nice travel guide to the area.
We're only there for three days, but looks like there's enough to keep both the management and myself happy.

Thanks for your help.

Yes Borough Market is in London.
The Bristol is right alongside the harbour area so a good central point with plenty to see ... just be a little careful if out at night with the camera, whilst 'safe' in terms of not being a violent area, there are an abundance of 'watering holes' so things can get boisterous at times.

Back