South-West England Bristol, Outdoor photo-shoot location, model and car

Name
John 'Jack'
Edit My Images
No
I spent a week trying to find a suitable location for a photo-shoot, can't find anything, so decided to come here and ask for help.

Notice: Please do NOT suggest the Clifton Suspension Bridge. (Nowhere to park the car.)

The photo-shoot is outdoors, in or around Bristol, preferably say within 10-15 miles (models does travel but not sure how far).

I'm booking a model, and need her to pose next to my car, a Land Rover Freelander. She'll be wearing casual style outfit.

So the location I'm hoping for, would be anything to suit a woman in a casual outfit, driving (or passenger of) a Freelander. An industrial estate, docks, warehouses, very quiet streets, maybe some countryside.

But not farmland (otherwise I would have been using a Land Rover Defender), and not posh countryside home/hall (otherwise I would have asked her to wear a smart outfit).

Private airfield maybe, assuming there's one that I could get in touch and ask for permissions.

Oh, I should point out, model is booked for a Saturday. (The reason for saying that, is in case some places you thought of suggesting could be closed on a weekend.)

Many thanks.

Aston Court's drive?

Aston Court's drive?
Double yellow lines ... the nearest you can get to the house is a very busy car park.

There are some areas around the Cumberland Basin ... the Create Centre car park is generally empty at the moment and you would have a background of the two bonded warehouses on either side.
You can also park on Brunel Lock Road, or it's little car park, giving a possible view to the Suspension Bridge in the distance or the actual 'Basin' of water with the road bridge going across.
You can park on the Harbourside, using the road behind the M-Shed but it will be busy with people, if you can be quick-'ish' you could get some shots against the colourful shaped flats away from the parking spaces and there are the old railway trucks as a background (but you couldn't take a long time setting up).

Double yellow lines ... the nearest you can get to the house is a very busy car park.

There are some areas around the Cumberland Basin ... the Create Centre car park is generally empty at the moment and you would have a background of the two bonded warehouses on either side.
You can also park on Brunel Lock Road, or it's little car park, giving a possible view to the Suspension Bridge in the distance or the actual 'Basin' of water with the road bridge going across.
You can park on the Harbourside, using the road behind the M-Shed but it will be busy with people, if you can be quick-'ish' you could get some shots against the colourful shaped flats away from the parking spaces and there are the old railway trucks as a background (but you couldn't take a long time setting up).

Hi there.

I'm just looking on Google Maps, the area you mention, looks interesting, but I'm struggling to follow you.

Do you mean, this...?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...GjJXfCJMTC0emmpXH9IA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Just a bit further down, Create is on the left, the road parking is on the right next to the water.

"bit further down"? You mean,that...?

Do you know if people can park there? Are those yellow cones likely to be gone, so we can park there?

"bit further down"? You mean,that...?

Do you know if people can park there? Are those yellow cones likely to be gone, so we can park there?
No cones there now, parking is fine (small charge or use 'RingGo' App on your phone).

Have you considered the lay by along Portway so you can get the bridge in the distance behind you? And you then have the rock face as a background as well...

Wanted to do a film of my car there. Wouldn't get over the bridge as too low! Actually, it wouldn't even go up the ramp.......

You could try some of the side streets off of Cumberland Road.... Around the back of the Hippodrome? Fair bit of industrial unit areas around Ashton Vale & South Liberty Lane.

Back