bristol zoo

Edit My Images
Yes
i was forced to go help the mrs move house on friday evening ruining my post exam drinking fun and frivolities so instead she took me to the zoo on saturday and let me bring my camera along too! i even let her take some shots which recieved an enthusiastic grin.

here's my favorites from the day:

DSC_7126.jpg

DSC_7218border.jpg

DSC_7233border.jpg

DSC_7236border.jpg

DSC_7147border.jpg

DSC_7336border.jpg

DSC_7310border.jpg

DSC_7306edit.jpg

DSC_7461border.jpg

shots taken with d70 and nikon 50 f1.8 or sigma 70-300 apo

all comments and critique are gratefully recieved as i've not done a lot of this sort of photography before :)

For someone who hasn't done this kind of photography before, you've done a fantastic job! Noah, I think their all great shots. #1,7, and 8 are excellent though. The facial expressions caught in both pics are terrific. :thumb:

Jewel

Its a nice set of pictures but I would clone out the two blurred twigs? in the front of the frame on your favourite ;)

I like #7 & 8 - love the facial expression and the way you have composed/cropped the shots!

Very nice shots and beautifully processed. :)

thankyou to all for the kind words :) i'm a fan of the lemur shots too, makes me laugh every time i look at it!
Steve said:
Its a nice set of pictures but I would clone out the two blurred twigs? in the front of the frame on your favourite ;)
very good point, i hadnt even noticed that, i was so pleased i got the shot of them fighting. i'll go do it now ;)

No problem mate, I agree it is a very strong picture and will be worth the effort. I look forward to viewing the final version :)

Just excellent, My favs have to be 7&8, what focal length did you shoot those at?

Ed :)

The mice are just made for a greetings card. Well worth missing the booze as no sign of camera shake! A great set of pictures - bet you were well chuffed when you downloaded!

Kinobe said:
Just excellent, My favs have to be 7&8, what focal length did you shoot those at?

Ed :)
300mm f5.6 1/640 iso400 for those little grinners

and yeah fangman, i was pretty pleased that most of the ones i really wanted came out, i was a bit dissapointed at the lack of well framed and in focus penguin shots tho. but hey, there's always next time, its not like the poor things are going anywhere!

edited the grass out of this one

DSC_7126edit.jpg

ran this one through noiseware and cloned out the detritus on the water

DSC_7236edit_blend.jpg

found another flamingo one but i dont like the background so much

DSC_7115border.jpg

The first one is mych better now, the second one has such wonderful colours it almot looks like CGI and the third one you almost get away with the background as the fence nearly blends in to look like the reeds, if only the horizontal lines where not there.

Its a great set overall with one or two outstanding images, I would be very happy with those :)

noah said:
300mm f5.6 1/640 iso400 for those little grinners

and yeah fangman, i was pretty pleased that most of the ones i really wanted came out, i was a bit dissapointed at the lack of well framed and in focus penguin shots tho. but hey, there's always next time, its not like the poor things are going anywhere!

Have you seen Madagascar!!

Good set noah.

Some excellent expression in there, probably the key to good animal shots. Nice to see a good shot of a duck too! Usually such dull animals....

Steve said:
Its a great set overall with one or two outstanding images, I would be very happy with those :)
thanks steve, i am. it's the first set of prints ive shown mates that they have actually stolen when i wasnt looking! i'll take it as a compliment i think.
ppp said:
Have you seen Madagascar!!
nope, not yet. one day i'll get round to it, looked pretty funny.
Gandhi said:
Nice to see a good shot of a duck too! Usually such dull animals....
arent they just! that one seems to have gone down well. i was leaning over a low bridge and caught a glimpse and snapped 2 frames before it flapped off, paid off :)

thanks all

nice set of shots Noah :thumb:

Back