Brit GT and F3 Brands done slow

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I hardly did a conventional shot all weekend. That seemed like a good idea at the time but when I realised that I needed stuff to submit for print, it was an incredibly bad one! A few here from the weekend, all fairly slow stuff.

#1 A blurry bullet
BH_BGTF3_090919_0128.jpg

#2 Ricciardo's playstation
BH_BGTF3_090919_0340.jpg

#3 The heaviest Ferrari in the world
BH_BGTF3_090919_0312.jpg

#4 Out in the country
BH_BGTF3_090920_0562.jpg

#5 One to make your neck hurt
BH_BGTF3_090919_0294.jpg

#6 Something more conventional
BH_BGTF3_090920_0320.jpg

Cheers for looking in.

I like these, how come when other people take blurred/slow shutter speed shots they look amazing but mine just look like I *&%£) up. :(. (Other than the fact that I had *&%£) up :LOL: )

Certainly a different set from you,

Funny enough i like 2 the most, 3 looks like a familiar sort of shot :LOL:

Im looking forward to your BTCC Set, end of the season messing around seems to be the way forward at the moment.

Cheers all for the comments

I like these, how come when other people take blurred/slow shutter speed shots they look amazing but mine just look like I *&%£) up. :(. (Other than the fact that I had *&%£) up :LOL: )

Plenty of mine got deleted ;). I always use pre focus now, as it's one less thing to think about (and for the camera to do). I'm getting better at it, and practice is the only real way to improve.

Certainly a different set from you,

Funny enough i like 2 the most, 3 looks like a familiar sort of shot :LOL:

Im looking forward to your BTCC Set, end of the season messing around seems to be the way forward at the moment.

Cheers Nick. I got very bored of long lens head on shots by mid Friday morning, so it was nice to do something different. I did enjoy the slow pans around the pit lane as much as anything over the weekend - and thanks for the inspiration for #3 :) I'm very much looking forward to BTCC - it will be the last decent thing we do this year. It's going to be a long long winter:crying:

I always like to see something where the photographer has obviously done some thinking, before shooting.Nice set, no.5 is excellent in my opinion.

cheers

JP

I always like to see something where the photographer has obviously done some thinking, before shooting.Nice set, no.5 is excellent in my opinion

Thanks JP.

Loving these shots! 2,5 and 6 are the ones for me! A fantastic set of images :clap:

...and thank you Matt as well (y)

All great, but I especially like #3. It reminds me of when youre sitting on a stationary train and the train next to yours starts moving and you are momentarily disorientated.

Whats the technique for these slow shots ? Do you pan or keep the camera still ?

Cheers for the additional comments peeps. I thought this thread had died a slow death :)

Flyfisher - firstly welcome to the forum. These were all achieved panned with slow shutter speeds. #3 for instance was taken at 1/4s as the car is moving very slowly - quite tricky as the camera mirror is flipped up, so you can't see much for the duration of the shot through the viewfinder. It's easier with practice, but a lot of shots get binned in the process.

I like no 1 it seems to be the style of choice on autosport.com at the moment

Back