BritCar 24hrs - Night shots

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

This weekend I decided to exchew the ever-popular Renault World Series at Donington and instead make my way to the BritCar 24hrs at Silverstone. The race ran from 5pm Saturday to 5pm Sunday. I paid two visits over the weekend: the first at around 12:30 am until 4:30am to get some funky night shots, and a second visit at 11am this morning. I would like to use this thread to show you the results from the first of my two visits.

Panning shots are generally at 1/25th. ISO 1600 and f2.8 (using Sigma 120-300 2.8 and D200). Stationary shots shot with 50mm 1.8.

DSC_4056-01a.jpg

DSC_4068-01a.jpg

DSC_4046-01a2.jpg

DSC_4108-01a.jpg

DSC_4300-01a.jpg

DSC_4306-01a.jpg

DSC_4312-01a.jpg

DSC_4321-01a.jpg

Oh yeah, and car No 78 was driven by the Top Gear team, of Clarkson, Hamster, May and Stig. When you open the doors the sign on the side loses the “L” and “N” from the name – can you work out what it would read then???? :p

P.S any cracks about the noise, and I will get Marcel to swing his banhammer! :p :D

Wow, considering the condidtions, I'm dead impressed mate! Awesome panning at 1/25th!

Can't wait for the day shots!

Nice set Joe ... ;) ... second pic in the first batch is the best of the panned shots imgo ... (y)

Love the sleeping crew in the second batch ... :LOL:

I'm off now ... ;) ... :shrug:

:p

Great panning set Joe but I think my favourite is the last one, always wondered what a night shot at Silverstone would look like!

Yeah nice those, some shots at dusk would have been really nice, dramatic skies and glowing brake disks etc.

Alan

Nice shots Joe! Pity it was so COLD!!!!! :p

Try putting them through noise ninja or neat image, should take care of the noise nicely.

Alan

Some good shots, in difficult circumstances.
That first yellow porsche shot (#2) looks great, not too much noise in that one.

nice techquinic, just a tad to much iso noise for me in the pans. i prefer the ones from last year i think.

the static are good tho.

#2 and the sleeping crew are very good indeed. The noise in some of the others is a bit distracting Joe.

Back