Britcar Donington - Dark, Wet and Windy!

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
My last race of the season and it couldn't have ended with worse conditions!... 30mph winds, 6˚c and rain. Incredible racing though! Arrived so late that I didn't get any daytime shots, but I didn't have to buy a ticket so that was a good result! :D

Has to be one of the most challenging events I've tried to photograph. The wind made panning incredibly difficult, blew my tripod over several times when trying to do some light trails and also meant they closed up all the garages, so I didn't end up with as many shots as I would've liked. But here are the results. A lot of marmite here I reckon! ;)

Critique is always welcomed!

1. Where the sunset should have been...

2. Hot stuff...

3. Silhouette...

4. None more black...

5. [Insert obligatory light trail here]...

6. UFO?...

Bloody excellent set,really love #3 and only one silly quirk for me is would love to see it with that top right corner cloned black as it looks like the edge of the frame has been lost but that's just me being picky.
Stunning work as normal though I must admit.

Cracking shots, really liking them, think #2 is my favourite

Well done

Awesome set (y)
"Challenging" really doesn't do justice to how hostile the conditions were at times. And as it was that bad for us, I felt really sorry for the drivers!!!
I have a very similar looking set of shots, but a lot less sharp and a lot noisier, I guess spots with enough ambient light to shoot were few and far between!

would like to see more variety, but as usual cant fault them.. excellent stuff.

bet you were all gutted there was no sunset hahah
Oh no, there was a lovely sky at about 16:30... The only problem was it was behind me as I was driving up the A42! :D

Back