Britcar Endurance - Snetterton

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Just a few from this weekends event at Snetterton. My first time being media at Snetterton while covering an event. The harsh light didn't really help during qualifying and the races and Saturday. Sunday was a great race though, especially with the light towards the end of the four hour race.

#1 - While everyone was doing podium shots I was left alone with the cars
At rest by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

#2 - Testing a 10 stop ND filter
IMG_9313 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

#3 - Below the barrier hoping someone would hit the kerb
IMG_1630 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

#4 - Just coming into the corner
IMG_0843 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

#5 - Hitting the apex
IMG_1988 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice work. I especially like the Synchro angles but #5 is my firm fave. A naked RS01 really lends itself to greyscale.

The two still civic shots and the still of the mini are my favourites there, they've got the edge in terms of composure, sharpness and light position.

Thank you chaps.

The Mini shot was taken within the last 20 minutes of the race, while the two Honda shots where taken at the end while everyone was cooling off or at the podium.

Great pics! #7 my favourite of these

I've been tempted to head down to Snetterton myself for an event just to have a play around. What are the photo opportunities like when you're just there as a spectator? Was thinking about heading down for the WSB practice friday in July.

Thank you Andy, Snetterton is good as a spectator, you're only a feet away from where media are in a few places. There are a few places you can't get to as a spectator.

Here are a two albums of my work being a spectator at Snetterton: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjPQVUGK and https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZfY34Y

Great thanks, looks like worth a trip then, thought I'd head down on the practice of the superbikes as it'll be quieter, and I'm not really into motorsport, but thought it'd be a fun way to practice panning etc :)

@andythilo : you do know that if you are there as media or not, you will not be allowed trackside for the trucks. Its spectator areas only. Even the marshals have to back away for the trucks.

@andythilo : you do know that if you are there as media or not, you will not be allowed trackside for the trucks. Its spectator areas only. Even the marshals have to back away for the trucks.

Hi, I'm not media, and wasn't expecting to be trackside? Going more for the spectacle than anything else. If I can get some good photos then that'll be a bonus :)

Hi, I'm not media, and wasn't expecting to be trackside? Going more for the spectacle than anything else. If I can get some good photos then that'll be a bonus :)
Oh, not accusing!! Just letting you know. Do keep an eye out for the legends too, they are mental.

3/4 sized Ford Popular silhouette things with motorbike engines. They follow the trucks around and are nutty quick. They are caterham-esque draft fests too.

Back