Britcar Into the Night race... but mostly from the day

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend was the Night Race at Brands. An event ive been looking forward to with mixed feelings. On one hand i've been bored out my mind shooting football and rugby so couldnt wait for some motorsports. On the other hand, last year was a big disappointment with the night shots.

Anyway, this year would prove to be very similar, but here is a selection that i dont mind (because most of them are shot during the day). Albeit i do feel they are all a bit bland, maybe because there are no spectators? im not sure.

706845781_dqxEP-L-1.jpg

2. Something a bit new for me... moving outside the 5x7 box
706876397_pRQBS-L-1.jpg

3. Funky looking car... no idea what it is
706894645_NKUcg-L-1.jpg

4. Gorgeous Evo, and Token MSV Bin
706832378_ikyiA-L-1.jpg

5. Trying to break away from boring shots
706838774_nwQTj-L-1.jpg

6. You could almost mistake this for racing
706881759_b4Cgy-L-1.jpg

7. Typical of every single night shot i took with flash.... poo with no motion
706851996_RBnGF-L-1.jpg

8. Probably my favourite shot from the weekend. Most likely a bit too marmite for most.
706910768_rAqsT-L-1.jpg

9. This shot looked better in my mind.
706912327_w8jDR-L-1.jpg

10. Long exp. shot
710147865_ToteR-L.jpg

11. And a token VBH shot, pretty much the reason we were covering the race.
706849296_QZZTE-L-1.jpg

Great shots, I'd have loved to have been able to have got pitlane shots, I had something like no.9 in mind too, but that doesn't work from outside the track of the pitlane straight. :(

Great shot :clap:
I particually like No5

Do you this the racing was much more 'controlled' than last year? - also notice this in the Truck race.

There's too many to crit each shot, be #1 is easily my pick, it's good to see a different angle, however if possible it would have been better with you further left/shot earlier to lose the fence, as the rest of the background is pretty clean.

#2 works well with that crop, a typical Brands shot, but it works well, pretty much the same with #6, but again I like it. #9 is a good concept, but I think the equipment in the FG slightly spoils it (and to a lesser extent the other photogs in the BG) maybe shoting across from the pitwall would have worked? Although I'm guessing you only had one shot at the top car in the pits.

Ahh so it was you that took 'Berts NSX and Elise photos! Saw the thread on CS but it didn't click til I saw these. Great shots mate, probably some of my favourites that I've seen from yourself for a little while. :)

Cheers Ian,

It was a good event, and it had been so long since i had been at a track event that i did really enjoy myself. Was a new camera/lens for the weekend, so quite a steep learning curve getting used to where its better/worse than the other body/lens.

It was also v interesting to meet Rob and his team, v friendly bunch.

Very nice! That EVO X looks hardcore!

Colin

love 8 9 and 10, 8 is my fave and 9 is great it must look awesome in yer mind lol

Back