British Drift Championship 2013 - Round 4 - Lydden Hill

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on these, first time out shooting drifting with the 70-200 f2.8 VRII, was a great weekend with some great driving.

Feedback and criticism is welcomed, I'm always keen to learn where I could improve!

1)

British Drift Championship - Round 4 by eyedea-media, on Flickr

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Absolutely stunning pictures Bill, pin sharp and really pop. Makes me fancy a move over to Nikon :eek: just don't tell the Nikon haters :LOL: :exit:

loving number 3!

Thank you Gary, that and 1 are personal favourites of mine! Any criticisms on the others by any chance?

Absolutely stunning pictures Bill, pin sharp and really pop. Makes me fancy a move over to Nikon :eek: just don't tell the Nikon haters :LOL: :exit:

Thank you Dex! Nice to be able to see them in decent quality for a change, Facebook really does destroy them!

I wouldn't recommend moving over to Nikon, I took a picture on one once and it looked rubbish! :D :shrug:

Nice set, all lovely and sharp. 3 and 1 work best for me. There's too many distractions in the background in number 4 for my liking and it may work better with some creative cropping. Background in 5 seems too bright when compared to the car?

Nice set, all lovely and sharp. 3 and 1 work best for me. There's too many distractions in the background in number 4 for my liking and it may work better with some creative cropping. Background in 5 seems too bright when compared to the car?

Hi John,
Thank you for the criticism.

Glad you liked 3 and 1! :)

I get what you mean about #4, I was going for something different but liked the fact it showed the scene whilst panning on the car. Accept it might be a tad too much though!

Think I get what you mean on #5, I'll try to avoid this happening next time.

Thanks for your advice!

very good work

Thank you very much! (y)

Cracking set, no3 is a stunner :) no real crit to give as all sharp and good colours :)

Was at work so couldn't get down for this one :(

Cracking set, no3 is a stunner :) no real crit to give as all sharp and good colours :)

Was at work so couldn't get down for this one :(

Thanks a lot buddy, much appreciated!

Still my first year in photography and gone from being told to "go back and read the manual" to having barely any crit, I must be doing something right! :clap:

Shame you couldn't make it down mate, always next time where I'm sure it'll be bigger and better! (y)

Still debating on the journey up to Teesside next weekend for the second retro drift challenge :)

I dont think the crop is the issue with this one... Put a darker overlay over the top of this image and delete the area with a soft brush on PS and it'll create a slight pool of light on the car creating a focal point.

I personally love this style of crop, but do agree there is a lot happening in the b/g

Top job overall though pal

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

He's got a new lens!

How much have you improved with your technique and gear here!

Stunning mate, really good (y)

All epic, maybe #1 peaks it but :notworthy:

love the sense of speed your low shutter speed gives! Cracking shots

Sorry guys, hadn't checked this for a while, always great to come back to even more positive feedback! :D

Thank you all so much for the nice comments, great to see such positivity from you Andy, thank you! Really pleased with the new gear, so much sharper and with the improved technique I finally feel like I'm on the right path at least!

Al - Thanks for the useful tip, will definitely consider it for next time round!

Back