British Drift Championship ......

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
....... anyone been to Teesside Autodrome to see this ? , wondering what the admission fee is and any tips on the best spots to be in :)

Tickets for sale here.

It's open all the way around the track (i.e. no high mesh fences) but as a lot of the corners are inside the layout of the circuit you tend to be quite far away and there's quite a lot of "furniture" to clutter your shots up. I haven't been there when they've had drifting on but looking at videos of it they usually run something like the right half of the National Kart layout which you can see by going here and clicking the National Kart tab.
If they run the S in the middle then I'd think the best place to be would be the opposite side of the circuit from where the entrance is (you walk in, turn right and walk around the grass banking all the way around) as they'd be making two 180 degree turns as they approach you. If they don't run that S then being on the opposite side to the entrance just before the big curve might be decent as you'd get them going away from you on the outer curve then coming back towards you on the inner curve.
They might run something completely different however.

You can always go down and have a look before the event as it's open for karting most of the time.

thanks for the reply , is a 70-200 going to be too short ?

There are certainly places you can make 70-200mm work, you might want to shoot a bit loose anyway to get the trail of tyre smoke in. When the cars are on the outer parts of the circuit you can fill the frame with a car at around 100mm

I'd guess a 100-400mm would be the ideal lens for shooting there as the distances do vary quite a lot, but I've never owned one.

Last edited:
thanks for the help , all we need now is the weather (y)

Back