British Grand Prix 2007 & Honda Open Day

R

RobbieW

For those of you who haven't got tickets for this years Briitish Grand Prix (and that includes me), there are still some options avaliable:-

Post updated to include this:-

http://www.hondaracingf1.com/loband/news.php?pagest=0&pageln=10&item_id=1899&year=2007

Honda Charity open day

OHh that Pitpass lookds like fun and there are 2 for me to choose from.... Might have to talk hubby into this! Thanks for the info.

For those who are more dedicated to motorsport and are attending, feel free to come over to Luffield A Seat A122 and say hello. :)

BTW, Saying hello with a pork bagette would ensure you a new friend for life. During the dull Schuey years of F1 the pork bagette is the only reason I bothered going to Silverstone every year.

BTW, Saying hello with a pork bagette would ensure you a new friend for life. During the dull Schuey years of F1 the pork bagette is the only reason I bothered going to Silverstone every year.

Sounds like you aren't a Schumacher fan! I am off to the European GP at the Nurburgring in a couple of weeks time and was looking forward to seeing the germans quiet for once as Schuey isn't goiung to be there. But, they have decided to name some corners afetr him, so he will be there and the locals will be happy once more. Hoepfully Lewis will win and shut them up again!!!

For those who are more dedicated to motorsport and are attending, feel free to come over to Luffield A Seat A122 and say hello. :)
I'll be on the other side of the curcuit seated at Stowe

Apparently, I just won a ticket for tomorrow's practice? :shrug: Do you require a ticket for the practice session?

Apparently, I just won a ticket for tomorrow's practice? :shrug: Do you require a ticket for the practice session?

You can only get a 3 day ticket nowadays, they don't do them for just the Friday session as far as I know :shrug:

I'm getting it off a friend of a friend. We'll see if it materialises later tonight.

If I go, I'll try to spot Dreeder. :) I'll be using my TP strap... not sure about the fleece though - might be too warm. :D

Right. It is confirmed. I have to go to Buckingham between 7am - 8am to collect my ticket. Which means, I have to leave home at 5:30am. Is it worth it?

More rain predicted tomorrow.

If you've never heard a Formula 1 car for real then my god it's worth it! Words simply can't describe the sound of one of those cars screaming past you at 180mph with the engine turning over at 18000rpm! Go Kamion, you won't regret it (y)

Right. I'm back. And I'm beat! :help:

Woke up at 5am this morning. Luckily, the drive there was smooth. :)

My batteries (both of them) ran out at about 2pm. :D I guess IS is really power hungry!

Managed to take some "spy" shots of Lewis Hamilton when he made an apperance in the garage, but really, really bad quality as I was on top the grand stands across the pit straight - with only a 70-300mm. Ok, ok. Maybe someone with better skills could have gotten a better shot. There were a couple guys there with some big ass L-glass - maybe 500mm or more! A few seats away from me. I tried to shrink away as far as possible with my puny lens.

I *almost* got an autograph from Nigel Mansell - I got up to the front of the queue and they said "No more! No more! That's it!". :bonk: Did get some great shots of him though. (At least, it looked great on the preview LCD.) :nuts:

Oh, I didn't spot Dreeder. And luckily, I wore my TP fleece this morning as it was freezing the whole day! It warmed up at 5pm. :shrug:

Oh, and the Ferraris were really fast. Kimi was top, Massa second, and Hamilton was 0.6s or 0.7s slower than Kimi.

Oh, there was a larger-than-previous-years crowd today too - according to my friend who's been to the past few F1 GPs at Silverstone. The "Hamilton" factor.

So excited we get a quad-post :p - Glad you had a good time, look forward to some good shots :)

Im back, good weekend, good weather, great Qualifying, poor Race tbh. Now i need to get my tickets booked for next year.

Much larger crowds for Friday and Saturday than last year, Hamilton factor was definately evident as 90% of the folk didnt seem to know any of the other drivers names, what cars who drove for, rules or anything, some of the conversations I overheard in the grandstand had me in tears.

The good news is... ive just got off the phone with Silverstone booking line and ive got the same seats for next years F1... :) they are working long hours today.

The bad news is I will want a 500f4IS before I go.

You sure 500 is enough? :LOL:

I see they have gone back to one day tickets as well. Which makes it affordable for all.

Although if you buy a general admission ticket for friday and saturday then for an extra pound you get sunday

Back