British GT at Oulton Park (might as well join in)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
I've been meaning to get to a British GT meeting race for some time, didn't regret it although might have done if I'd chosen the Monday. Here are my efforts.

C&C appreciated

Some are a little softer that I'd have hoped, I've decided I'm going to make a concerted effort to get more practice in this year. If I'm going to post I really should learn to get in before Jonny so mine don't look quite so dull :facepalm:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Beechdean AMR
by Mark Dolphin, on Flickr

77 Mercedes-AMG GT4 - Fox Motorsport

Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Barwell Motorsport

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Optimum Motorsport

Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 - Academy Motorsport

Mercedes-AMG GT4 - Team Parker Racing Ltd

They all look pretty good to me. I think some of the softness is just due to panning at slow shutter speeds rather than anything else. Interesting to see the difference a Canon 100-400mm L II makes on the same body as me, these have a sharpness and colour that my Sigma lens just doesn't deliver. Nicely processed as well.

I agree with both above! I love #4 - really like the PoV and the composition of this one!

They all look pretty good to me. I think some of the softness is just due to panning at slow shutter speeds rather than anything else. Interesting to see the difference a Canon 100-400mm L II makes on the same body as me, these have a sharpness and colour that my Sigma lens just doesn't deliver. Nicely processed as well.

Thanks. I'm really pleased with this lens. I was expecting it to be better than my previous Tamron 70-300 VC (you'd hope so given the price) but didn't expect it to be quite so much better. Problem is it's given me a taste for L lenses now.

I tried using my old 700D with a shorter lens while I was there, I was shocked how basic it felt after the 80D. The step back down seemed a lot greater than the step up, I used to be really happy with the 700D.

My only suggestion would be to pick spots that don’t have marshals in the backdrop as they are quite distracting

Believe it or not I did spend a bit of time trying to avoid them. What with marshals, red wheelie bins and a surprising number or spectators with an appreciation of bright red waterproofs it was getting tricky.

Back