BRITISH GT at the Bomb Hole

Edit My Images
Yes
Popped up to Snetterton last Saturday for free practice/Quali the day started off a bit gloomy even some spots of rain but by lunch time the sun burst through for a very bright afternoon here are some of my efforts.

42370472381_473969841f_b.jpg

42340691072_d33047f056_b.jpg

42331127352_6a9b1f9151_c.jpg

27542657117_ea408c37e9_b.jpg

41575217035_18dba9d07a_b.jpg

41666689024_05a5fce3a4_b.jpg

42412602521_f22b6859b7_c.jpg

Finish with a marmite shot

42382238901_dd9b508126_c.jpg

I'm liking the composition of 7 and four. And 8 is good - nothing marmite about it!

Great set IMO. Good strong compositions and strong well rendered colours

A good varied selection there Gary, well thought out compositions too.

Nice set with great colour, like everyone else I love #6.

Lovely panning on number 2 , but I've biked round there a couple of times and cant remember any slopes like that! ;)
Now Cadwell ,Oulton Park and Brands Hatch are a different matter! :p

I'm liking the composition of 7 and four. And 8 is good - nothing marmite about it!

Thanks Gary

Great set IMO. Good strong compositions and strong well rendered colours

Cheers doggel
I know this may seem strange...but I love #6!

Cheers Kalvin was nice to get away from trackside for a change

I'll second that. My favourite of the bunch (though all great) I love the finer details shots!

Thanks Tom its my favorite shot of the day.

A good varied selection there Gary, well thought out compositions too.

Cheers Paul.

Nice set with great colour, like everyone else I love #6.

Thanks Richard.

Lovely panning on number 2 , but I've biked round there a couple of times and cant remember any slopes like that! ;)
Now Cadwell ,Oulton Park and Brands Hatch are a different matter! :p

Thanks Rob ( Its my wonky stall i cant help it ) your right its as flat as a pancake as is the whole area I do tend to tilt my shots for more drama I get bored its not to all tastes as for Brands I have walked around the indy and boy Paddock is some drop.

A couple more from the day

Another standing on my wonky stall

27541232987_f155bc6079_b.jpg

More Pirelli

42330979572_7af41c5af1_c.jpg

I suppose you need to try anything you can to make car photos look anything like as exciting as motorbikes. Unless you can get them lifting a wheel or 2 off a kerb or an inside wheel locked up trail braking into a corner they look pretty static on the whole.
Nice tyre shot to finish. Special filter or just some fancy post-production work?:snaphappy:

That's why I love shooting bike racing it was buying a camera that got me into going to bike events used to work with Kev Cables brother in law he invited me along to a Bemsee meet to see Kev racing his F1 Sidecar outfit and never looked back better racing better shots and a more friendly bunch.

The tyre shot was at f4 for a shallow depth of field then once uploaded to flickr I used the focus area tool to enhance the softer areas I do not spend a lot of time in post around 10 secs a shot I do need to look at using some decent software like light room

Wow, small world. My brother races F1 sidecars against Kev Cable. I have been promoted from official team photographer to "pit-bitch" so I don't get as much time behind the lens as I used to do. I have probably bumped into you at Brands Hatch if you are there for the BSB meetings as my brothers team is there 3 times each year. Pity Brands is so rubbish for photographing sidecars as only 1 left hander and cant get anywhere near to track there. I should really get some of my own photos on here for people to give constructive criticism about ;o)

Wow, small world. My brother races F1 sidecars against Kev Cable. I have been promoted from official team photographer to "pit-bitch" so I don't get as much time behind the lens as I used to do. I have probably bumped into you at Brands Hatch if you are there for the BSB meetings as my brothers team is there 3 times each year. Pity Brands is so rubbish for photographing sidecars as only 1 left hander and cant get anywhere near to track there. I should really get some of my own photos on here for people to give constructive criticism about ;o)

Certainly is Rob got a mate who races in Bemsee side cars Ross Hart tatoos head to toe he was in the chair for a girl named Alison F1 outfit in the yellow white and black Yamaha colours had a big off at Graham Hill few years back she high sided throwing him out he also raced with a Driver named Julian an F2 outfit he is now racing with another outfit at the mo he is at the IOM with John Holden/Lee Cain outfit as part of the support team.

Brands is not great for Sidecars as you say not enough left handers but a lot worse now with the new fencing on the loop.

Last edited:
Back