British GT Championship Donington

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Superb panning. 1/30sec? Ive not ventured below 1/100th yet but we have the UK Drift champs locally this weekend so im going for more practice.

Superb panning. 1/30sec? Ive not ventured below 1/100th yet but we have the UK Drift champs locally this weekend so im going for more practice.
Thanks very much, I appreciate it. Hit rate drops quite a lot at that speed and slower but I’m getting slowly better over the years ;)

Last edited:
#5 for the car ;) and #7 for the shot :)
Nice set!
Thanks. My favourite was the Red and Black Lambo, I have far too many pics of that from Saturday :LOL: Unfortunately it was taken out on the first corner on Sunday so I didn't get any pics that day. Probably a good thing considering the amount I took on Saturday ;)

Probably a good thing considering the amount I took on Saturday

That's my experience of shooting motorsport - I only rarely do it when an old friend races at my local track Snetterton in the F1000 championship.
I usually take pictures of all the other stuff running that day then end up with hundreds of shots.
I know I should go through, process the best and delete the rest - but I end up with loads of similar shots and the horder in me prevents me from hitting delete :)

That's my experience of shooting motorsport - I only rarely do it when an old friend races at my local track Snetterton in the F1000 championship.
I usually take pictures of all the other stuff running that day then end up with hundreds of shots.
I know I should go through, process the best and delete the rest - but I end up with loads of similar shots and the horder in me prevents me from hitting delete :)
I can bin off quite a lot, trying to pan at 1/10 and 1/15 there's a lot of very blurry shots ;)

Nice set. I can't really go below 1/100 myself, and even then the hit rate is pretty poor.

Hoping to get to another British GT round this year if I can.

Great panning shots, #5 for me. Nice to see live racing is on again. Pity its to far away from me (200 miles and a boat)

Great panning work, some really clean shots at very low shutter speeds. Are these handheld or do you use a monopod?

Nice set. I can't really go below 1/100 myself, and even then the hit rate is pretty poor.

Hoping to get to another British GT round this year if I can.

Great panning shots, #5 for me. Nice to see live racing is on again. Pity its to far away from me (200 miles and a boat)

Great panning work, some really clean shots at very low shutter speeds. Are these handheld or do you use a monopod?
Thanks very much. All handheld as I just can't get on with a monopod, however strangely enough I've been giving serious contemplation over the last couple of days whether I should try and stick at it and maybe this will help improve hit rate once I've got the knack.

As others have said, lovely clean panning at some low shutter speeds. I like the compositions too, 6 is a standout for me.

As others have said, lovely clean panning at some low shutter speeds. I like the compositions too, 6 is a standout for me.
Thanks very much :)

Here's one of the ones at 1/10s, that's as low as I've ever got and at this speed hit rate is very low. (As with every image, it looks sharper on Flickr than here)

A9_04798-Edit by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back