British GT from Rockingham

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hey All,

A bit late I know but here's a few of mine from Rockingham with the BGT. I'm not a huge fan of this circuit so wasn't feeling on top form... oh and naturally it rained again :grumpy:

C&C most welcome as always...

1. A bit of Photoshop never hurt anybody, right? (Race Winner)
#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Lee Mowle, Yelmer Buurman British GT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. I don't have to fake it everytime
#24 RJN Motorsport - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 - Devon Modell, Struan Moore British GT Championship - Rockingham by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. Pretty people appreciating the weather
British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Excuse the stitching
British GT Championship - Rockingham Motor Speedway by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Oh look it's another AMG GTR :D
#77 FOX Motorsport - Mercedes-AMG GT4 - Mark Murfitt, Michael Broadhurst British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. The rain helped make Rockingham a bit more inspiring
#24 RJN Motorsport - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 - Devon Modell, Struan Moore British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Rick Parfitt Jnr, a rich racing driver (he'd probably say he was also a musician... I've heard him... I disagree :D) who doesn't like crediting photographers (or asking permission to use photos)... I'm not bitter :hug:
#1 Team Parker Racing Ltd - Bentley Continental GT3 - Rick Parfitt Jnr, Ryan Ratcliffe British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. Because... um... yeah there's not enough Mercs in this post
#66 Team Parker Racing Ltd - Mercedes-AMG GT4 - Nick Jones, Scott Malvern British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Mega stuff, really like the spray in 6 combined with the dark/moodiness makes a cracking shot

WOW!! Jonny some of the best I've seen :clap:....Panoramic and portrait included (y)

Cracking set! #5 and #7 particularly stand out. #7 is ace!

Clean and crisp as always 1 followed by 4 for me

Cheers Gaz, always appreciate your feedback :)

Mega stuff, really like the spray in 6 combined with the dark/moodiness makes a cracking shot

Thanks Ben, I'm glad my trench foot resulted in some decent images :D

WOW!! Jonny some of the best I've seen :clap:....Panoramic and portrait included (y)

Very kind of you Charles, still need to work on my off track stuff I think

Cracking set! #5 and #7 particularly stand out. #7 is ace!

Cheers Kalvin, glad you like them :)

Some great panning Jonny, #1 is my favourite & #5 is very dynamic. Also like #4 as its a bit different.

Great set.

Thanks mate

love the first one even if it is dodgy ;)
i dont like the way flickr massively over sharpens everything.. all the lines look like zig-zags.

Cheers Gary, still got have the odd mess with Photoshop :D I dunno with Flickr... someone else told me they all looked soft when linked from Flickr, so I guess it depends on the device - look ok on my desktop at any rate :)

Great set from top to bottom,lovely work indeed.

Really appreciate that Simon, many thanks!

Some great panning Jonny, #1 is my favourite & #5 is very dynamic. Also like #4 as its a bit different.

Cheers Neil, still not really happy with the hit and miss nature of my off track stuff - need to work on seeing the image a bit more before taking the picture

Great work and superb processing as always.

Thanks very much Rich, many years sat in front of Photoshop to thank for that :D :D

I want to try my hand at something... Tell me if I'm wrong or right.
Motion blur:
1) Photoshop - as you say
2) hmmmm its so sharp but if its photoshopped its done well, so i'll give you benefit of the doubt.
5) photoshop
7) photoshop
8) photoshopped, but i wouldnt have noticed if I wasnt looking for it.

How did i do?

and whoever says flickr makes photos look soft has got cataracts.

I want to try my hand at something... Tell me if I'm wrong or right.
Motion blur:
1) Photoshop - as you say
2) hmmmm its so sharp but if its photoshopped its done well, so i'll give you benefit of the doubt.
5) photoshop
7) photoshop
8) photoshopped, but i wouldnt have noticed if I wasnt looking for it.

How did i do?

and whoever says flickr makes photos look soft has got cataracts.

Hahahahaha #2 is all genuine on the other counts you’re correct in that blur has been enhanced/increased but not staged entirely from a frozen image - as far as I can remember without looking at the exif most would have been shot under or around 1/320 except 5 which had a fair dollop of in camera blur attached. I started using a lazier technique so I’m guessing aside from wheel motion matching the background or the rig effect you spotted bits I failed to mask properly [emoji23] I hope they look alright as images in their own right and don’t offend your sensibilities [emoji16]

Last edited:
dont get me wrong, they are bloody hard to spot, and they look nice as a nice thing.

Hahaha thanks Gary! I wasn't taking it personally :D As you know I've always been a Photoshop monkey... Looks like you put me to shame now though, come a long way since I was asking for your opinion on my bridge camera F1 work 10 years ago hahahaha :D :D
massa2 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Back when one of my first posts was "Hi how do I get a media pass, I'm amazing":withstupid::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Back