British GT from Snetterton

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

Well, after the sometimes creative vomit-fest that was my time spectating behind the wire at the Blancpain, I was back in prime position as media at Snetterton for the British GT. It mostly stayed dry for a change.. although I still got the blame for a few drops.

Anyway, here's a small selection of my efforts... as always welcome your thoughts, comments and criticisms.

1. It's pretty glamorous in the BGT pit lane
Samantha Young - Demon Tweeks Barwell Motorsport by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Working the grid is still a nerve-wracking experience.. but a good opportunity for some variety
#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Lee Mowle, Yelmer Buurman British GT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. A contender for the busiest racing driver in 2018, Nurburgring 24, then a win in the Blancpain, then a win here in the British GT and off to the Le Mans test this weekend.. .all in quick succession
Nicki Thiim - Tf Sport by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Here he is again on route to 3rd place in Race 2
#11 TF Sport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Mark Farmer, Nicki Thiim British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Spent some extra time looking for some paddock imagery
ERC Sport Mechanic by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Thanks to Paul Foster, I had the chance to give a 300mm f2.8 lens a bit of a workout... I liked it :(
#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Lee Mowle, Yelmer Buurman British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Caught Barwell's Phil Keen and Bentley's Ryan Ratcliffe having a chinwag...
Phil Keen & Ryan Ratcliffe by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. Catching the garages open when the personnel are taking a break
#43 Century Motorsport - BMW M4 GT4 - Jack Mitchell, Aleksander Schjerpen by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Last edited:
It is personal taste of course but I notice in some of the photos they look like they were edited to look pretty if you know what I mean. Very glossy, vibrant saturated and smooth. Nothing wrong with that, they do look good but perhaps over edited on a couple of shots for my taste

I don't think they look over edited. I saw these on your Flickr stream, and I liked what you you did - you have a good eye for a different motorport shot.

It is personal taste of course but I notice in some of the photos they look like they were edited to look pretty if you know what I mean. Very glossy, vibrant saturated and smooth. Nothing wrong with that, they do look good but perhaps over edited on a couple of shots for my taste

Not much destructive editing going on here to be honest, less than normal to be fair... which ones do you feel uneasy about? [emoji16] thanks for the feedback at any rate [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

NT is a cracking bloke too - I met him at Le Mans in 2015 during the pit walkabout and he took forever to speak to us and answer our questions and seem genuinely interested if if he had answered all of our questions a hundred times below. Unlike some "superstars" we won't mention here (Anthony Davidson)

Thanks for the tips you gave me about Rockingham/Donington as well - though I didn't go to either in the end as we went away for the weekend! I've planned the rest of my motorsport season though so normal service should be resumed soon.

Last edited:
Great set, I was going to post some myself but they may look a little ordinary now!

I can see why you liked the 300mm 2.8, love #6, to me it almost looks like a screenshot from one of the latest racing computer games but very impressive all round.

Excellent as always, really loving the pits and paddock stuff. It's something I'm forcing myself to do more of this season as I neglect it too often. #6 is excellent it looks pin sharp

NT is a cracking bloke too - I met him at Le Mans in 2015 during the pit walkabout and he took forever to speak to us and answer our questions and seem genuinely interested if if he had answered all of our questions a hundred times below. Unlike some "superstars" we won't mention here (Anthony Davidson)

Thanks for the tips you gave me about Rockingham/Donington as well - though I didn't go to either in the end as we went away for the weekend! I've planned the rest of my motorsport season though so normal service should be resumed soon.

He's a hero Gary :D :D always grateful for a photo too... looking forward to seeing your shots

Great set, I was going to post some myself but they may look a little ordinary now!

I can see why you liked the 300mm 2.8, love #6, to me it almost looks like a screenshot from one of the latest racing computer games but very impressive all round.

Haha always post! It's the only way I improved - still improve :D It's quite easy to work with that 300 - images come out super clean and when you're at f 2.8 all you have to do is point it at the car and the stupid shutter speed stops you missing anything - not much skill required but I like the result none the less

Excellent as always, really loving the pits and paddock stuff. It's something I'm forcing myself to do more of this season as I neglect it too often. #6 is excellent it looks pin sharp

Thanks very much and same here Rich... Something I need to work on is seeing the photo at the time, I often tend to dig for it in post :D still, always trying to learn

Oh I like those; dynamic and colourful.
At the risk of being severed below the knees, I'd play with No9 to have a B&W image with the goggles in colour....

Oh I like those; dynamic and colourful.
At the risk of being severed below the knees, I'd play with No9 to have a B&W image with the goggles in colour....

Oooooooo selective colour... go stand in the corner and rethink your life otherwise thanks much for the positive comment

Oooooooo selective colour... go stand in the corner and rethink your life otherwise thanks much for the positive comment

I was thinking along the same lines, but thought it rude to say. Selective colour should be made contrary to the Geneva convention.

Quality work as ever Jonny love the pitlane work did have a wander in there on Saturday never got that much as it was lunch break but its something I would like to do more of as for this set favorites have to be 5 followed by 2 and 6 love that Merc

I was thinking along the same lines, but thought it rude to say. Selective colour should be made contrary to the Geneva convention.
Hahaha I was half joking but no, selective colour generally is something I’d prefer to avoid :D
Quality work as ever Jonny love the pitlane work did have a wander in there on Saturday never got that much as it was lunch break but its something I would like to do more of as for this set favorites have to be 5 followed by 2 and 6 love that Merc

Thanks as always Gaz... I only did a few minutes after the autograph session but it can be good... I do struggle to find a shotnoften, just got lucky this time

Back