British GT - I got soaked but loved every minute!

Name
Andrew Goldstraw
Edit My Images
Yes
So i live about 20mins from Oulton Park... lucky me, but i haven't been for a good while now. Today i braved the weather and probably had my best days shooting at Oulton for a long time. Somehow i've ended up being a little more creative, i hope you see what i mean. CRC always appreciated as usual.

1)
"Give Me Shelter" - (1/100th, F8)
6915755512_aa287e44f6_z.jpg

Taken way back towards the toilet block near the hospitality suite.

2)
"Demon Eyes"
6915753994_6b8a40a67f_z.jpg

Sorry, white car.... red lights it was asking for it. I think i've done a selective colour shot every time i've been to Oulton!

3)
"Bring your Brolley!" - (1/125th - F8)
7061834283_defddce3e0_z.jpg

Similar to the first but a little more in your face, annoyed with myself i didn't see the guy in the right pop his head up..... now you've seen it too i think you'll know what i mean. I'd prefer it if he wasn't there and all it needed was a step to the left.

4)
"Light Up, Light Up"
6915750180_0525f2cfdc_z.jpg

Personally for me the Z4 looked awesome. Favourite car out on track today. I know it's dark, i wanted to retain the light detail, but is it too dark?

5)
"GTR"
7061830721_c22767d60a_z.jpg

I liked the little reflection loops around the lights on this one. Dark car on a dark day. Did anyone else notice it seemed to clog up with water in the front arches? Seemed really bad at some points especially Lakeside and Island Bend.

That's it from me for now. Will be some more on Flickr but just a couple that i think showed the day to be wet and dark :D. Cheers all!

Last edited:
2and5are really good especially 2 , I have no prejudice against selective color and here it allows the key feature of the skyline to stand out .

#1 stands out for me, the rest are very very good .
Ian

Great set, some of my favourite I've seen from the event. I'd like to see #2 in full black and white, I think it would work just as well. #4 for me is just a little too dark, bring it up maybe +0.7.

All of them are super sharp though and well processed, lovely composition too.

Great set, some of my favourite I've seen from the event. I'd like to see #2 in full black and white, I think it would work just as well. #4 for me is just a little too dark, bring it up maybe +0.7.

All of them are super sharp though and well processed, lovely composition too.

Thanks Tom, appreciate the feedback.

#2 is definately a wallhanger for me.

Wake up, you've overslept by 25 years! :LOL:

Good stuff with the brollies in #1 and #3 - I could have done with that level of inspirational genius yesterday!

Great set, #1 has a 'Lowry' feel to it, liking #3 as well. Good to see somthing different, I tried similar shot to #1, at the BSB test but failed to get the bike sharp.

Okay - took me a few minutes to suss out #1 but once I did. . . . . huge thumbs up from me, just outstanding sire - the rest aint bad either ;)

.DAVID.

Hmmm... I think there's some good ideas here (the one with the brollies I tried too) but there's work to be done on the execution I think. The first one simply doesn't work for me, they're needed to be either more crowd (for more colour, see below) or no crowd at all and no distractions. I can see what you're trying to do, and it would certainly benefit from a crop removing the cars.
221695_10150227137415962_75109320961_8804796_6663019_n.jpg

The second one I tried a similar thing to. But again, it just feels like there's a lot distracting me in the composition - should I be looking at the car, or the brolly?

For reference, here's my attempt at the brolly thing.
527344_10150803995050962_75109320961_11963831_299129446_n.jpg

Back