British GT Media Day - Silverstone

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
Nice sunny day at silverstone yesterday! great to see the GT3 cars back on track

full gallery: http://xynamic.photoshelter.com/gallery/2011-British-GT-Silverstone-Media-Day/G0000aoHAPoo0LZo

1) trackspeed porsche - i think i prefer last years colours, but the livery isnt final yet
I00000YYYXEmSVa0.jpg

2) Pretty little Ginetta
I0000Eet2xr090.o.jpg

3) This thing sounds like a WW2 fighter plane!
I0000xx5zmO0P.dg.jpg

4) Am I the only one that thinks the R8 looks like a van?
I0000oDKL5W44yQg.jpg

5) New pits coming along nicely
I0000cw3C5WUynCg.jpg

6) Wouldnt bet against it winning the championship again this year!
I0000SdtYueUx94o.jpg

BritCar media day tomorrow..hopefully weather will be the same!

Nice set Gary (y)

Has the Ginetta had a facelift this year, it looks a bit more angular (in a good way) than the ones running last year?

And that Merc looks stunning, lets just hope it's a bit more reliable that the Joneses old Ascari was.

Did any of the teams planning on fielding a Ferrari 458 attend, and more importantly are they still on course for having the cars ready for the start of the season?

Not sure about the R8 looking like a van, but it's pretty much the ugliest car in the lineup :(

Lovley set of shots, nice work!

Must have been a fun day out too!

Last edited:
Nice set - 5 is a particular fave, has a sort of sureal look. Also like 1.

And yep that R8 looks pretty Van Turisimo to me.

Just been on the Ginetta site for a look :love: :cool:
So it'll be competing in the GT3 class then by the sounds of things?

And support race for the BTCC - Ginetta Supercup with the old G50 and the new G55 competing against each other.

Personally, from photos, I prefer the original.

All good to me, 5 is a fav though. Are 1 and 3 just really slow shutter speeds or are you using some other technique, zoom blur? sorry if that's a simple question I've got a lot to learn........

Love #5

#1 and #4 look good too

I will be there tomorrow aswell

Last edited:
Thanks guys.. always nice to hear nice things

All good to me, 5 is a fav though. Are 1 and 3 just really slow shutter speeds or are you using some other technique, zoom blur? sorry if that's a simple question I've got a lot to learn........

yup, just simple slow shutter speeds.
best way to learn is get an EXIF reader for your browser and use it to see what settings were used. I always leave the EXIF in-tact

Thanks guys.. always nice to hear nice things

yup, just simple slow shutter speeds.
best way to learn is get an EXIF reader for your browser and use it to see what settings were used. I always leave the EXIF in-tact

You might. Photoshelter has different ideas.

ah right, lucky you, we are down there but sadly not with a car (shes ick, keeps wetting herself all over the workshop).

I look at my calendar between now and easter and im supposed to be there 3 times before the middle of April!

Nice work Gary (y)

#1 is a bit tasty, deffo my fave but all cool 8)

3 is cracking !!

how did you get 5 ?? I am learning and need as much help as possible.

Regards

lovely set... Another vote for #5 here, great shot(y)
Like #1 also was this taken from a grandstand? The elevated angle looks great

Last edited:
Love the gullwing SLS just a gorgeous car!!

Back