British GT Media Day Silverstone

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
As per usual, i'm posting some of the more experimental shots (mixed with a few i like) to get some comments.

god only knows what i was doing yesterday. i had to delete loads of really terrible shots, and i spent 2 hours last night cloning out a gravel pit of sensor dust!

main.php

1) Ferrari Braking

main.php

2) Viper Flaming (spent an hour trying to get this right, and this blurry one was the best i managed to get)

main.php

3) Trimite Viper

main.php

4) Another Viper

main.php

5) Ferrari

main.php

6)And Another!

Looking at these web versions, they look a bit soft and over saturated. I better check my export settings.
Time to stop using quite so many angles too methinks!

no comments so far. i guess that probably because i already did the criticism myself :)
Give us a chance some of us have been at work :LOL:
Top one is my favourite with the Brembo brake calliper and the glowing disc. Shame about the slight blurr on the decals on the wing. Clone them out and it'll be perfect.(y)

I really like the wacky angle on the last one. The colour contrast against the red armco and the way the car appears to be running down it works really well. Keep experimenting;)

They are not looking over saturated to me, but they are a little on the soft side.

Looking forward to seeing the GTs in action later in the year!

I think they look pretty cool. Although a couple of them are blurry in places. Such as the top one with the sponsers and the back end of that silver dodge viper (pic #4).

I'm also looking forward to the F3 and GT's again this year.

Hopefully I'll make it to Oulton Park later this month for the opening round and Donington later on in the year.

:)

I'm not so sure about the angles on 5 and 6, maybe a bit extreme, but thats just me. Great panning work though. No.3 is a cracker, Youv'e gotta love the viper!!!
Neil

thanks for the comments guys.. its pretty much what i thought.. i.e. a few shots could be faster and some of the angles are a little bit too much

next set will be from Oulton Park. I'm going to put a post it note on my 30d that says 'keep me horizontal' :)

awsome love one and two different to the usual track stuff you see

Really like #1 i don't mind the decals being oof it draws your eyes to the wheel (y)

last one's my favourite there too, you do like your angles, don't you :p

I think you should forget comments about levels and do what you're happy with doing. Personally I think that quirky angles generate more interesting shots. They're also a lot more gratifying to take, particularly when you've thought about setting the shot up and the execution comes off. I can see you've done just that here, so I think that's worthy of some praise.:clap:

This forum would be rather dull if everyone stuck to rules about what makes a good shot. It's good to experiment.

If you're doing this for publication, then that could be a different matter altogether :).

normally i just use the angles to crop out unwanted things from the photo.. but i've been doing it for the sake of it recently.. you can tell when you do too many angles when you are showing someone your shots on your laptop and their head is constantly leaning from one side to another :)

No 1 is a great shot capturing the glow of the disc. No 6 looks like a picture of a crash barrier and the car happened to go past.

Back