British GT - Oulton Park Saturday

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
well, i've seen so many shots from Oulton Park on TPF i didnt want to produce photos everyone has seen before, so I tried to do something different.
Hopefully it worked.
I'll add some F3 later

1)
s

2)
s

3)
s

4)
s

5)
s

6)
s

I was the one with the F1 results in the morning. I ended up walking down from Clay Hill to Knickerbrook and I think you went from Clay Hill to Druids.

my memory isnt what it used to be, but that doesnt ring a bell.. you sure it was me?
i'm 6'4", wasnt wearing a tabbard, but had a red number 42 alpine stars vest

No1 is not your usual shot at any circuit but works very well. (y)

Sorry they dont do anyhting for me silly angles YUK waste of time

Dave

Thats more like it Gary! The media day obviously blew the cobwebs out :D

Loving #1! My BTCC media day shot was a homage to your arnco stylee :D

All except #5 looking soft and over sharped. #5 looking fine, but static.
These may looks better in bigger?

not sure how a photo can be soft and oversharpened at the same time, but thanks anyway :)

Sorry they dont do anyhting for me silly angles YUK waste of time

Dave

nothing like a bit of constructive criticism LOL

Thats more like it Gary! The media day obviously blew the cobwebs out :D

Loving #1! My BTCC media day shot was a homage to your arnco stylee :D

Cheers.. like most shots i doubt its original though

not sure how a photo can be soft and oversharpened at the same time, but thanks anyway :)

Easily, when you take an image what isn't 100% sharp and you try to make it 100% sharp in PS, not too compicated :D

...anyway doesn't look good now or resizing loss image quality?

Last edited:
Actually I think you are right. Since hosting on photoshelter they do look a bit too sharp at that size. They don't look so bad at 800 though but photoshelter doesn't let you embed bigger photos :(

Nice shots, I like the effect the processing of number one has given.
Finding new and under used (I won't say original, cos there probably aren't any) angles at that place is hard work given the number of regular attendees.

On a different note, was your logo adorning the black Ginetta in the GT class? I think it's yours but I've not got a sharp enough shot of it to be sure :(

Actually I think you are right. Since hosting on photoshelter they do look a bit too sharp at that size. They don't look so bad at 800 though but photoshelter doesn't let you embed bigger photos :(

This might be a reason. I don't have anything personally against you, that's why i am not critizising your images. These images just looking something between terrible or horrible...

Mega stuff Gary. Tried the through the armco shot a few times but couldnt get it right.

Love 6 as you actually made it look green. It was always washed out in my shots :(

See ya tomorrow!

This might be a reason. I don't have anything personally against you, that's why i am not critizising your images. These images just looking something between terrible or horrible...

LOLOL

i'm sure its nothing personal.. although, i'm not always a good judge of my own images, i would say they are better than terrible or horrible.

Hi Gary,
I no longer look at most circuit stuff as it does bore me senseless much of the time,and it was only your name that made me have a look at these,as Oulton is done to bloody death !

I do like your creativity,and think that you come up with some blinders,but obviously creativity comes at a price of plenty of mingers that go in the recycle bin.
That happens to me everytime I go slow shutter speed,but also it does produce the odd killer image.

Personally ,I am not a great fan of tilted ,exaggerated angles,though am sure my lack of skill is a factor in that.

4,5 and 6 do look oversaturated to me ,and over coloured,which I am not a fan of.

1 and 2 are cracking shots,very well executed ,.and the thought process in 1 will be well copied for sure .

Regards,
Fat Boy Pons

Nice shots, I like the effect the processing of number one has given.
Finding new and under used (I won't say original, cos there probably aren't any) angles at that place is hard work given the number of regular attendees.

On a different note, was your logo adorning the black Ginetta in the GT class? I think it's yours but I've not got a sharp enough shot of it to be sure :(

Very well spotted! :)

Great set Gary, particularly like 2 and 5 roll on tomorrow. Sharon:clap:

Iz it becos I iz a rally tog that you ignore any of my remarks,Gary ,yet reply in seconds to Circuit togs ..................................
Just puzzled ,but not bovvered.
Pons

Iz it becos I iz a rally tog that you ignore any of my remarks,Gary ,yet reply in seconds to Circuit togs ..................................
Just puzzled ,but not bovvered.
Pons

no, its because i pressed 'quote' on my iphone and it filled up the space so much it wouldnt scroll and i couldnt write anything so i thought i'd wait until i was on my laptop (believe it or not thats true).

was going to say that i appreciated the comments, and i need to calm down with the angled shots :)

#1 is absolutely brilliant, one of the better shots I've seen from Oulton.

Back