British GT Round 2 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
It was 1, 2, 3, this weekend with the first round of the Milltek Sport Volkswagen Racing Cup, second round of the British GT Championship and third round of the BRDC British Formula 3 Championship at Rockingham. I was there for TheCheckeredFlag.co.uk and conscious of the C&C previously received here, I looked to work on some of my shortcomings.

I failed a bit on the keeping more space in front of the car bit but otherwise I'm quite happy. I also did a fair bit of pitlane stuff this weekend and for the first time ever, shot the pit walk, catching drivers without helmets for once.

Firstly, I have rightly received some criticism for this shot taken at the first round of the Britcar Endurance Championship:

BritcarEndurance_Silverstone_16-21550
by Nicholas Smith, on Flickr

So I took another go at it this weekend, but got the wrong headlight!:

1) #6 Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini Huracan GT3.

Focused Eyeline

2) GT4 traffic jam up the hill from Yentwood:

Traffic Jam

3) Phil Dryburgh, boss of Production Glass FIbre and driver of the #6 Motorbase Performance Aston Martin during the Pit Lane Walkabout.

Phil Dryburgh

4) Champions Beechdean AMR on the banking.

Rapid Delivery

5) The WRC inspired circuit racing version of the Volkswagen Polo R made its debut in the Volkswagen Racing Cup.

Rally Bred

6) Antipodean racer Thomas Randle claimed victory in the second BRDC F3 race of the weekend.

Celebration

7) Another debutante was the Mk.7 VW Golf R, run by Maximum Motorsport in the VW Racing Cup.

Weighing In

More to come.

8) I've discovered this angle this weekend, and also discovered that I actually like one angle of the MSV F4-016, which is news to me.

Stressed Rubber

9) In order to keep things competitive there are minimum pit stop times, the #33 Barwell Motorsport machine was all done before the clock counted down:

Holding

10) Played how low can you go with a mate, best of the crop was this 1/125 shot of Ricky Collard in the F3.

Speed

11) TF Sport are two for two after this weekend where Jonny Adam and Derek Johnston took their second consecutive victory.

TF Sport

12) Marcus Hoggarth waits for qualifying to start in the Ebor GT Motorsport Maserati:

Ready

13) The Optimum Motorsport Audi R8 LMS taken from the roof of the garages:

Topside

14) The Lamborghini Huracan again, do you think I like it at all?

Bulls Back

C&C encouraged.

Fabulous set of images ....

Thanks guys.

Great set of images

Back