british institute of professional photographers

I'm not a member anywhere (apart from here :D)

What are you looking to get out of joining something like this??

There are plenty of good courses around if you do some research.

I think the question is, what do you want to achieve by joining?

Im not a member either, but it's something I have thought about, and thought about whether it would be worthwhile or not. Is it recognised by industry? Does it get you 'in' more doors so to speak?

Dan, sounds like your with a micro stock agency. If your have the right size pictures and the correct amount, I'd consider a non micro stock agency. You may not sell many pictures, but when you do, you'll get a fair price for them.
I inderstand BIPP is a recognised industry body as they have entry requirements.

Si, they are a reasonable organisation that instill levels of trust in your customers potentially.
For pure value for money I would recommend joining the BFP. They are not a regulator or issuer of qualifications, but can give you a real 'heads up' in the market place and are very good operating as a union of freelancers. Whenever I've had a customer cut up rough with late or non-payment, I always take the issue to them for help before resorting to Court and every single time payment arrives within a couple of days. The Market Handbook is also really useful full of contacts as is the monthy magazine for members.

LOL I wanted to find the BFP website talked about, so naturally tried the domain names ;)

:LOL: :eek:That's the one Matty.

Back