British Superbikes From Brands Hatch

Name
Dex
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all

So after seeing the quality shots from Glen and PolarityPhoto you now have to look at my attempt at the BSB from Brands hatch :D.
As usual feel free to give honest feedback, if you don't like one for some reason just say why and it will give me something to work on next year.
A few maybe a tad noisy as I have never had to bump the iso up so high and that's a completely new area of photoshop to me so any pointers greatfully recived (y)

IMG_1598 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

IMG_2493 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

IMG_2240 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

IMG_2940 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

IMG_2499 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

IMG_2867 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

More to come so hold your horses on crit

Don't look noisy to me Dex... don't get hung up on it, the place was like the black hole of Calcutta most of the weekend - you don't get to pick the weather with motorsport, it is what it is. I had ISO 640 at f3.2 & 1/60th at 10am on Sunday!

Crisp and colourful but possibly the majority are a little too central in the frame... you've got your 7D with a lovely set of focus points, so mash the joystick and move the little glowing square around a bit ;-)

Last edited:
Don't look noisy to me Dex... don't get hung up on it, the place was like the black hole of Calcutta most of the weekend - you don't get to pick the weather with motorsport, it is what it is. I had ISO 640 at f3.2 & 1/60th at 10am on Sunday!

Crisp and colourful but possibly the majority are a little too central in the frame... you've got your 7D with a lovely set of focus points, so mash the joystick and move the little glowing square around a bit ;-)

Cheers Andy, I think the problem I had when I altered the focus point is that I would really struggle to get the bikes in the frame as they are just so darn quick.
Even on middle focus point at Stirlings I have lost count of the amount of shots I just just caught the back end of the exhaust :LOL:.

Nicely done Dex you did good Sat was sooo dark I struggled at Sterlings in the morning glad we had some better light at Westfield in the afternoon 3 is the clear winner for me

Cheers Gaz. Have I missed your BTCC set? I don't seem to recall seeing it or is in your long list of shots to process :D

Technique is spot on Dex just need to think a bit more about where in the frame your putting the bike like Yoda said (y)

I still cheat and shoot a tad wider with the 7D then crop in post.

Very cool photographs, most of them look very nicely done and I do not notice any noise at this size. The only technical detail that I can notice is a bit of blurring on the subjects (due to panning, I guess).

Overall, I think #7 takes the cake. A very intense shot!

I couldn't criticise any of them except 11 which has a lot of empty space around the subject. Excellent work.

Cheers Gaz. Have I missed your BTCC set? I don't seem to recall seeing it or is in your long list of shots to process :D[/QUOTE]

Not put one up Dex not that much variation really wanted the rain that they got on Sun ended up wandering off taking shots of the suns rays coming through the trees will pop a few shots up

Technique is spot on Dex just need to think a bit more about where in the frame your putting the bike like Yoda said (y)

I still cheat and shoot a tad wider with the 7D then crop in post.

Second these comments entirely.
#6 always gives me a laugh on the run down lap :LOL:
Clive

Back