British Superbikes - Oulton Park - First practice session

The weather may not have been great for you but it is still a great set of images.

Worth getting up early and being in the cold for pics like that. 5+9 are my favourites.

#5 is nice for the placement of the bikes in relation to each other, and being the same manufacturer is nice.

#9 shows the angle very well with the knee just touching the ground. And I like the reflection in the visor and the heat haze of the exhaust.

Well done.

Really good set fella, agree about the weather - caught us out as well but after travelling for nearly 4 hours it wasn't going to 'dampen' our spirits.

.DAVID.

Lovely set, went under the bridge to get the wheel up shots, unfortunately the rain put paid to those.
All I ended up with was side on shots, will try and make them more excitable and post tomorrow.

Been there today. Lots of wheel up shots on the exit from Old Hall. Stand on the inside on the way to Cascades - by the big tree. Superbike riders don't seem able to keep the front wheel down; too much power I suppose.
Dry all afternoon. Pity really as we wanted spray.
Lots of folk, glad we won't be there tomorrow!!!
Only took 1800 shots. That's for tomorrow.

Very strong set.
Thanks Ady N

The weather may not have been great for you but it is still a great set of images.
Thanks. The dark cloud cover and drizzle meant the ISO settings were more than was ideal, but I am pleased with the set.

Going tomorrow and the forecast is rain!!!
I watched the sessions on TV and looked to have cleared up by the afternoon. I would have done the Sunday session but the afternoon start put me off.

Worth getting up early and being in the cold for pics like that. 5+9 are my favourites. Well done.
Thanks Redhed17, although I didn't think that at the time!

Good set of racing action
Thanks SPR

Really good set fella, agree about the weather - caught us out as well but after travelling for nearly 4 hours it wasn't going to 'dampen' our spirits. DAVID.
Thanks David. Appreciate the comments.

Thanks Jesoid

Last edited:
As above Paul a very strong set
Thanks GAZA62

11 is the standout for me.
Thanks Mike. I prefer the head-on shots but it is difficult to achieve at many circuits with advertising boards and chain-link fencing in the way.

Great photos, I like 15 a lot, very nice!
Thanks Echoii. This time I tried to shoot from new places (for me) as I tend to stay around Druids and at Brittens most of the time.

Great catch in #7. Really like the angle of #12 too.

Back