British Wildlife Centre

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to our local British Wildlife Centre today to make to most of the sun we are having. Been waiting for this place to open since I bought the 40D over xmas so couldn't wait to go see what photo opertunities were on offer.

So these are my first attempts at wildlife shots. Done a bit of Lightroom processing but I think they have come out a little dark once exported to .jpg

Anyway C&C welcome, in fact encouraged :D

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

All got a bit to much for this little fella :D

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

Haven't come out as sharp as I would of liked but I feel this is probably technique letting me down still. Perhaps a little high on the aperture setting and therefore a shallow depth of field?

All of them were hand held and through fencing.

Andy

Those shots are fantastic! Those birds feathers look beautiful and I love the shots of the fox! So cute!

Thanks for the kind words :)

It's a shame about the fence in the first shot and I tried to keep the depth of field as narrow as poss but he was sitting right next to it :(

The light was really bad for the second shot, very strong from the left and hence shadows to the right. I can't brighten up the shot without burning out the back of the bird. Actually, perhaps I can with some dodging in PS?

Cracking shots of the fox :clap:

The fox was running around like a nutter when I first got there, obviously he wore himself out :) The light worked well on him but it was harsh on a lot of the other shots I took, very strong from one side and shadows on the other.

Back