Brittany Milky Way

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
On the family holiday a couple of weeks ago I took my camera kit and got out for a nights astro, I did this night actually against the forecast but the sky was clear so I took the chance. In the end it was the best night of the week, the night that had consistently been forecast to be clear in the end was a wash out after 15 minutes on site!!!!

Anyway this is Chateau Hunaudaye (I have no idea how to pronounce that correctly!) and the light house at Cap Frehel, We've been to this area on the Brittany coast a few times and like it, I always wanted to try these spots under the stars so took the chance and was quite pleased with the results.

The Chateau is a 4 panel mosaic, each panel a stack of 5 images at 20 seconds, ISO 6400, 14mm f2.4, stitched in PTGui and processed in photoshop. After I had taken this I later got nerves about the overlap and that it wouldn't stitch so I went back the second night intending to reshoot it in rows of 3 but that was when the clouds rolled in! I was relieved when it did stitch in the end.

The lighthouse is 2 separate exposures, the sky is a single exposure same settings as above taken in the car park on the other side of the lighhouse and blended with a 2 second shot on the other side looking in the same direction but with the lighhouse and beams in shot. Blended in photoshop, a right pain to do!

Constructive C&C welcome.

Still working on the landscapes from the trip and will share those in the other forum.

chateau milky way combined by Alan, on Flickr

Cap Frehel Milky Way by Alan, on Flickr

Excellent work, well done

:plus1:

Back