Broad-bodied Chaser

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Got my first dragonfly of 2010 and it is a Broad-bodied Chaser. All single shots taken with the Canon 40d, Mp-e 65 and MT-24 ex macro lite apart from the first which was with the 70-200 f4 L.

Click Images to see larger version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracking set (y) I Never knew these little blighters had eye lashes thou....

I was surprised at how far away it appeared in the first image Alby :D... stunning set as ever. Amazing detail in the closeups.

Amazing shots!

Pictures like these are the reason i love photography (y)

Got my first dragonfly of 2010 and it is a four-spotted Chaser.

Lovely pics, especially the first one.

You sure its a Four-spotted chaser? Looks rather like a female Broad-bodied chaser to me as I cant see the extra spots on the wings.

Linda

Bloooooody hell, that thing looks huge!!

Cracking pictures! Where did you spot him?

Thanks everyone ;)
Hi Linda, I didn't realise you were on here too, I bow to your knowledge and you are indeed correct it is a broad-bodied chaser. I think my book has incorrectly id it unless I looked at the wrong plate which is highly possible :LOL: How did you get on with that hoverfly atlas, did youget your head round it finally?

Alex he was found at near petersfield in Hampshire.

Thanks everyone ;)
Hi Linda, I didn't realise you were on here too, I bow to your knowledge and you are indeed correct it is a broad-bodied chaser. I think my book has incorrectly id it unless I looked at the wrong plate which is highly possible :LOL: How did you get on with that hoverfly atlas, did youget your head round it finally?

Alex he was found at near petersfield in Hampshire.

Hi Alby

I wondered if it was you ages ago - I did ask the question in a post a little while ago, think it was 'orionmystery' but he didnt see my question. I nearly sent you a PM but wasnt sure whether to or not LOL.

Dont blame your book for a wrong ID LOL LOL - nice try though :LOL:

Re the hoverflies, well I havent been able to study them as much as I would have liked - too many other things keep cropping up, you know what its like. Still, I will just plod on at the moment and continue to get my ID confirmations from the hoverfly recording scheme. I do submit my records to them though when I get time to see whats around the garden. They are a bit slow appearing this year though, so hopefully more will be around soon.

Yeah, I came on this forum a little while ago, mostly in the birds bit first and only a couple of times in this macro forum so far but I am sure as the bugs increase I will be posting in here a little more. I bought a second hand MPE a little while ago and havent had much of a chance to use it yet. Tried it once
and boy is it difficult to use LOL.

Let me know what you have been up to then.

Linda

Thanks Everyone ;)

Linda: not done much really, still trying to perfect the macro stuff. Myself, Aliec and Canon Bob have met up for the last 3 years at Exbury Gardens and are doing the same this year too. You are more than welcome to join us and the others going. We normally have a great day and it is good to meet up with like-minded people. The dragonfly ID was correct in my book I just looked at the wrong plate, doh!!!
I've been on here since 2007 and faded away from the other forum as this was more UK. I've met lots of good friends on here and we meet up quite often. I still haven't got that hoverfly book yet, must tell the wife I want it for my birthday :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As always excellent shots, I am looking forward to the Exbury meet,

Linda: not done much really, still trying to perfect the macro stuff. Myself, Aliec and Canon Bob have met up for the last 3 years at Exbury Gardens and are doing the same this year too. You are more than welcome to join us and the others going. We normally have a great day and it is good to meet up with like-minded people. The dragonfly ID was correct in my book I just looked at the wrong plate, doh!!!
I've been on here since 2007 and faded away from the other forum as this was more UK. I've met lots of good friends on here and we meet up quite often. I still haven't got that hoverfly book yet, must tell the wife I want it for my birthday :D

Thanks for the invite Alby - one day maybe, but dont think I can this year. I will look forward to seeing your posts about it though.

Yes, its good to see more UK stuff on here - its interesting seeing the pics from other countries too, but its nice to have the option of more UK ones, so using the two forums is a good balance I think :)

The book is worthwhile having, but you really need to study every little detail and there is so much to learn - too much for me I think. If you can get it as a present, its a good book to have.

Nice to meet up again on here Alby and I will really look forward to your hover pics on here :)

Linda

Thanks everyone, good luck on your hunt John. ;)

Sickeningly good(y)

A(nother) set of smashers there Alby! Reminds me that I need to get out & about and do some 'dragon hunting'

Back