Broad Haven Milky Way

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
Another late night session, standing alone on Broad Haven beach at night is a pretty surreal experience. The receding tide had left a bit of a lagoon on the beach which made for the perfect reflections so made the most of itsmile emoticon

Two brightest objects on the right are Antares and the planet Saturn

DBP_3957-Edit-copy.png

cheers
drew

Wow, know the bay, never managed anything like that when I was there.
Is is a straight long exposure, a stack?

Beautiful shot Drew. A long exposure I think but no star trails in sky but reflections trail a bit? Doesn't spoil the shot tho' , it's a stunner :)

Cracking shot. The first thing I noticed after the MW was the trails in the foreground. I suspect this is from a short (ish) exposure for the sky and a long exposure for the foreground and the twe shots merged together. Correct?

Thanks all

Shot on 5D3 & 14mm - the sky is 5 shots aligned and stacked for noise reduction purposes (f/2.8, ISO6400, 30secs) Foreground is one of the shots, all same settings - you get reflection light sources in vertical lines. Not always an exact mirror.

Cheers

Great combination, thanks for coming back. Is this a Canon 14mm or Samyang? I have the samyang, find it quite reasonable on the 5d mk3

Last edited:
Samyang version matey, yeh it's a great lens for this - pretty cheap and has better coma for night shooting than the Canon version :)

I love my Samyang but have the grad filters which are stupid sized 165mm wide

I picked up some broadcast sized lee filters - huge, just use rubber bands over the corners

That's an "Excellent" shot Drew.(y)

George.

this is amazing! Just given your Facebook page a "like" and had a flick through. Your images are fantastic, such an inspiration.

which Samyang lens do you use? I really want to get into this type of photography and I have been looking at the 10mm Samyang f2.8.

what were your settings for this shot?

Excuse the noob question but can you elaborate on the "stack" you did?

Keep up the good work,

Sammy

Terrific shot, love the location. Really nice and looks like it's thoroughly thought through and executed! Brilliant..

Back