broadband connection on the fritz

Edit My Images
Yes
my connection has been offline for almost a week now with no sign of it getting sorted:bang:
thing is i have a buffalo wireless router/moem which i am replacing but it won't let me uninstall the software and until i do i can't replace it
:thinking:
any help would be received very gratefully
pbh

What error message is it giving you when you attempt to uninstall? Have you tried to remove it through the add/remove programs module in control panel?

You don't necessarily have to uninstall the software in order to replace it (its good housekeeping, but as long as it works its all good)

hi matt, message says must be uninstalled by admin, which i am. have tried add/remove as there is no uninstaller.
bufffalo is controlling my network so can i bypass that to set up the new router which is a belkin?
thanks for the help, pbh

please consider yourself lucky you have had broadband, i have been trying to get service for SIX PAINFUL MONTHS! various companies, all say fault on BT line and BT say no fault. anyone any ideas? :shake: before i go completely loopy:bonk: :D

Who've you tried so far Jessie James?

don't realise what you have til its gone. you have my sympathy ladybird, my isp have given my a dial up until this is resolved and i gave up after 2 pages took over 20 mins to load!

Who've you tried so far Jessie James?

was with talkTalk for 3 months, gave up coz i was going round in circles with people treating me like i was stupid! when it was them didn't have a clue!!! now with Orange, signed up with their mobile service to get free broadband, the fault lies with BT. the boxes on the wall in my house and even my computer indicates i have ISDN lines, BT will not have it! said there has NEVER been ISDN in the house. hoping this will be resolved soon, I am getting very :bang: :bonk: :razz:

don't realise what you have til its gone. you have my sympathy ladybird, my isp have given my a dial up until this is resolved and i gave up after 2 pages took over 20 mins to load!

I know what you mean! i only look at big pictures at work, (we have a free internet cafe in our dining room!) (y)

yeah if it wasn't for the kind people i work for givinig us unlimited access at work i think i would be a basket case by now.

Back