Broken...........

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
Ive been offered a challenge of taking a picture using the theme BROKEN....
This is my 1st attempt....

work.4929914.1.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

C & C Welcome

Andy

Hi Andy,
I like the idea but.........
I don't like the lighting and it looks like the pieces have been laid out purposely rather than by accident.Also the timepiece is laid on what looks to me like a piece of cheap veneer!I'm a Joiner by trade so maybe thats just me.
Maybe natural lighting (no flash) with a different background may work better?
Only my opinion and the first time I've critiqued on here,good luck with the challenge.
Steve.

Hi Andy,
I like the idea but.........
I don't like the lighting and it looks like the pieces have been laid out purposely rather than by accident.Also the timepiece is laid on what looks to me like a piece of cheap veneer!I'm a Joiner by trade so maybe thats just me.
Maybe natural lighting (no flash) with a different background may work better?
Only my opinion and the first time I've critiqued on here,good luck with the challenge.
Steve.

Thanks for your opinion steve........(y)

It gets a sad response from me, so it does what it should. "oh no, what a shame!" thing.

Lovely lighting, dark and moody. I like the scratched surfaces on the wood (I know it's minor scratches but it adds to the authenticity). Not 100% sure that it was the best DOF but it works. Looks like the owner has put the pieces out togetherto try to figure out how to fix it.

Overall a pic well done!

It gets a sad response from me, so it does what it should. "oh no, what a shame!" thing.

Lovely lighting, dark and moody. I like the scratched surfaces on the wood (I know it's minor scratches but it adds to the authenticity). Not 100% sure that it was the best DOF but it works. Looks like the owner has put the pieces out togetherto try to figure out how to fix it.

Overall a pic well done!

Thanks Nattelie, really apprieciate the comment, its nice to get some good feedback (y), i thought it wasnt a bad attempt for my 1st go.......

Andy

Back