Brolly setup

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Finally got my gear. Big white brolly and stand, with a vivitar flash and a nifty. (no ebay triggers yet, 'still in the post...').

I was reading somewhere that ideally the flash should be pointed to the center of the brolly. Vivitar sits pretty high on the clamp, a good 8 inches+ higher. Once the triggers arrive, I'd imagine the receiver would another few inches to the offset. As the Vivitar (and clamp) dont angle downwards, will this 12 inch offset make any significant difference, like light-falloff, inconsistancy etc...

I think it really depends on the size of the brolly, and the distance of the flash from it. But I would think that under normal circumstances it wont make that much diffrence. Also the Cactus type triggers don't have a very good clamp on them to secure the flash. I suspect you'll end up using a hot shoe connector via a pc cable. Strap the trigger to the flash eithe by Velcro or a simple elastic band.

If you are still worried about having the flash to high get a simple bounce flash adapter

http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/prod.asp?i=6032&1=Kaiser+Bounce+Flash+Adaptor

i use ebay triggers and umbrella claps. it is easy to otate the receiver and the flash head so they are pointing almost dead center.

Back